Crusty Kids

what do you guys think of them? By my job, there's always a group of them and I try to help 'em out when I can but there's this one fuck who threw back the subway sandwich I bought him and yelled "I don't need this shit!!!"

[image]

(This is just an example pic of what they look like just in case some folks didn't know)

I don't give any of these kids money.

Once i had one ask me for money. After telling him "No, i don't have any", He began to give me grief how i was lucky i had a job and no one was hiring due to "the economy". The irony in that statement made me laugh since he was in front of a quiznos that had a "Now Hiring" sign which had been posted for the last 2 weeks.

Thankfully there are not a lot of them here, at least the ones that beg for money. I hate going to shows in Toronto though. Kids are everywhere. Luckily though they don't squeegee my trucks windshield anymore.

that would annoy me... though i don't drive, so i have no possible chance of that happening.

I think Toronto cracked down on it. Used to happen all the time now hardly at all. Saw Disfear and Trap Them above Sneaky Dees and there were tons of crusties asking for money to get into the show. Strange that the same people asking for money to get in where the same ones ruining it. Luckily the trouble makers were removed and the D Beat continued!

I think the crusty kids here roll a little different. I mean there are a few punk houses and most of them live there but most seem to have jobs of some sort and seem generally less obnoxious then other cities I have been in. I don't hate the crusty punks but I do not care for the ones that are annoying drunks and beg for money. I do however think that deodorant should be collected at basement shows instead of canned goods sometimes. My eyes were watering after Total Fury played here.

1st post... I was in Toronto about 15 years ago and one of the few things that stands out in my mind were all of the squeegee dudes hitting you up at every intersection. They totally bum rush the car and don't take no for an answer. At least they're working for $, I guess.

Also in Pittsburgh, I talked to some crusty who pan handled everyday. He was cool to talk to, he wasn't really a drunken idiot. He and his girlfriend had an apartment and he made decent enough money from begging.

I saw a couple of these in portland when I visited. Didn't know there was a name for them. Able bodied homeless people piss me off so I wouldn't give them shit. The last time I went to cvs, I gave a "homeless" couple some cookies from my mom bc I felt bad I didn't have any money for them...I looked all over my car while they watched me. Gave them the cookies and the douche didn't even say thank you...just walked off across the street looking pissed.

They even asked for money for food. On my way in and out of the store. Dicks.