ENTIRE COLLECTION 4 SALE: crazy rare + tests etc

rivalryrecords

EDIT: Some were confused and thought I was trying to sell my whole collection to 1 person. No, I'm taking offers on any individual piece in the collection. So email offers on anything. Thanks.

I'm taking offers on my ENTIRE RECORD COLLECTION, consisting of all kinds of super rare items and test pressings including REVELATION, DISCHORD, BRIDGE NINE, YOUNGBLOOD, MALFUNCTION, as well as other stuff like Saves The Day, Get Up Kids, Kid Dynamite, Lifetime, etc. I'm going to sell a huge portion of it, but not 100% sure which items are untouchable just yet. We will just see how this goes. If you're a friend of mind and wondering what's up, it's nothing crazy. I've written up a blurb below kind of explaining things.

List: http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=85

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME. Email me only.

Email: [email protected] . Please MAKE A CASH OFFER, do not ask "how much you looking for on the XXXX 7inch".

After almost 15 years of record collecting, it's time for me to start selling off a large part of my record collection. I'm sure I will undoubtedly have to answer this question many times from many of my record collecting acquaintances: "why sell? why now?" There's not a whole lot to it... I'm NOT in dire need of money, I'm not looking to buy something new/cool, I'm not "over it", I'm not "selling out", nothing like that. I still love this stuff! I think I've just realized that the thing I love the most about all of these records has remained constant the whole time: it's just the music and the artwork on them. I plan to keep at least one copy of each of these records, because I've already spent the last year or so selling off the records I didn't particularly like anymore. Anything I have left, I still love the music, so I'll definitely be keeping at least one! Some bands are closer to me than others, so those I may end up keeping the entire band collection for that one band. We will just see how it goes. The collecting was one part admiration of the records and one part a somewhat obsessive compulsive type behavior to have as much of something I loved as I could! Pretty simple actually. I've just taken a step back and realized they take up a lot of room, they don't get a lot of use, they are worth a lot of money that could be tucked into savings for my future, and that there are tons of others out there that would die to have a lot of these items. I've also been increasingly aware of the little "material possessions" devil/angel who taps me on the shoulder every now and then, reminding me that your posessions always end up owning YOU. It just seems excessive for me to have so many of the same record, especially with the high prices attached to some of them. In no way do I condemn anyone for wanting to have huge record collections (obviously I did for almost 15 years!) - I think everyone just moves at their own pace and gets all the enjoyment they can out of them until it is time to pass them on. Or for some, maybe they never choose to pass them on and keep them forever, and that is OK too! I guess in a nutshell: It's just "time" for me. I'll be putting the money away for my future, for traveling and enjoying time with friends, as opposed to spending it on buying more material possessions. So best to pass them on (as we collector types have always done) to the next collector who will love them as much as I have, who will probably also eventually pass it on to another, etc.

I can't believe you have all the different I'm sorry I'm Leaving variants. That blows my mind

If you can believe it - I got really lucky and bought all of my red, pink, and white copies for $4 from Immigrant Sun when it came out. the only ones I got later were that pink one with missing a-side label and the black test pressing. They would be far too pricey to get 1 by 1 after the fact!

You should put everything up on ebay you'll probably make the most money that way. Are you looking to buy a house? Because i think you'll have enough.

yeah i'll be taking some photos today and trying to get some of the bigger pop-punkish items (STD and GUK tests) on eBay. I'm not trying to buy a house. As the post says, I'm not looking to buy anything. Just gonna put away some money in savings.

You should put everything up on ebay you'll probably make the most money that way. Are you looking to buy a house? Because i think you'll have enough.

yeah i'll be taking some photos today and trying to get some of the bigger pop-punkish items (STD and GUK tests) on eBay. I'm not trying to buy a house. As the post says, I'm not looking to buy anything. Just gonna put away some money in savings.

http://shop.ebay.com/corkinhurst/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_sop=1

Ok round 1 of stuff is up on eBay, starting with some pop-punkish stuff. Some heavy hitters:

- SAVES THE DAY I'm Sorry 7" on PINK with blank a-side label and autographed

- TESTS of both SAVES THE DAY LP's

- Get Up Kids - 4mm LP and Red Letter Day TEST PRESSES

- Get Up Kids - Something LP on CLEAR vinyl /5 plant mispress

- Rare Weezer 10" and 7" singles

+ more color pressings, etc.

http://shop.ebay.com/corkinhurst/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_sop=1