Bouncing Souls/Hot Water Music split this year!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lame! They should put original songs on there, not a split full of covers as those are never that good.

Most people disagree, you just hate covers!

Not entirely true. I hate new punk bands covering old punk songs, and I think the act of two bands covering each other's songs on a split record usually results in disappointment. But I love when bands, especially punk bands, cover older songs outside their genre. For example, Husker Du's cover of "Eight Miles High" is the greatest cover song ever recorded.

Easy there Bruiser, you're bumming people the fuck out.

So stoked for this release, not even Johnny Suicide can bring me down!

Wow, you told me there...............

Too bad some don't get sarcasm when printed.

Fighting sarcasm with sarcasm...someone always come out of it looking like an idiot.

Now that is reason to kill yourself.

Most people disagree, you just hate covers!

Not entirely true. I hate new punk bands covering old punk songs, and I think the act of two bands covering each other's songs on a split record usually results in disappointment. But I love when bands, especially punk bands, cover older songs outside their genre. For example, Husker Du's cover of "Eight Miles High" is the greatest cover song ever recorded.

I would argue the greatest would possibly be Easy Action's cover of "If There is Something" by Roxy Music

probably have it ready for their australian tour. which im going to miss. pretty pissed, but pumped to be going overseas. bouncing souls have been on a quick decline since anchors aweigh. their last tour here was somewhat dissapointing, but that may have been because the two tours before it were fuckin brilliant and set the standard really high for me.

probably have it ready for their australian tour. which im going to miss. pretty pissed, but pumped to be going overseas. bouncing souls have been on a quick decline since anchors aweigh. their last tour here was somewhat dissapointing, but that may have been because the two tours before it were fuckin brilliant and set the standard really high for me.

The Gold Record was great!!! The 20th anniversary are kinda a hit or miss, but Gold Record was awesome!

probably have it ready for their australian tour. which im going to miss. pretty pissed, but pumped to be going overseas. bouncing souls have been on a quick decline since anchors aweigh.

agreed...Anchors Aweigh ended up grabbing me a little bit more later, but in general was still pretty ho-hum, I still only like maybe half of the gold record...their Avoid One Thing cover was not good either, so stiff and had no charisma and I gave up on the 20th Anniversary 7"s after the first one...I might buy the LP version though, if I found it used for sure, or if I see them and was able to buy it.

I'm pretty sure they only wrote 9 of the tracks on The Gold Record. For some reason that doesn't sit too well for me. It makes me think they don't have the ability to write an albums worth of good songs anymore. It has some good songs, but too many mediocre songs on it.

The second half of Anchors Aweigh has some brilliant songs. They're not the typical happy, upbeat kind of stuff they had done before, but some really well penned lyrics i thought. Definitely some stuff that i can relate to. Don't get me wrong, i love this band, but i just think their best is long gone.

• 4 months later...