Baroness - First

evenscore - that is from the second pressing. first press was 500 black / 500 smoke grey. second pressing was 500 black / 500 brown.

aight, cool, thanks for that info!

also, please wait with the preorder till friday! I'm going hiking in the mountains for a few days and would hate to miss out! :)

The "First & Second" LP is almost done. All of the print is done and at the plant, we're just waiting on it to press and hit the dock. I would say in the next three weeks it will be available. There will be 2,000 copies pressed in the first pressing - 1,000 black, 500 orange, 500 green. It is packaged in a gatefold jacket with the same varnishes and foil used on the CD reissue. I will post pictures as soon as I have some and will announce it before it goes on sale. It will be available on the same date directly from us or from our usual mailorder folks - Robotic Empire and Shirtkiller.

We're tossing around the idea of taking just a handful of preorders, only open for a day or two, before the record ships and entering everyone who orders into a drawing for a test pressing... Thoughts?

that's awesome. I will so do a pre-order for this. well i was gonna order it anyway. I already own the first 2 but gotta support. you know.

Mine's on black and have been trying to get rid of it for awhile. If you want it please PM me. Looking around 40 for it. I also can't determine if it's the first or second pressing. If anyone knows how to tell let me know.

I haven't been able to find a page that can tell me about "First" and "Second", but this link to RelapseRecords:

http://shop.relapse.com

tells all you need to know about the different pressings of "Red Album" and "Blue Record", and other bands as well. Just search for Baroness, left side.

I noticed "Hyperrealist" answered "evenscore" about a brown version of the "First"-album, being a second press. Maybe he could tell us how he knows? Or even better, give us a link, if possible?

By the way, a question to hyperrealist:

I've noticed that both "hyperrealist.com" and "relapserecords.com" press(and sell) albums for Baroness.

How come? And is there a difference?

"Gumbercules?! I love that guy!" So good.

rabagast - All of our pressing info used to be on the old website before it changed to the one we have now. I'll make sure all of that info goes on the new site when its launched. As for Baroness, the numbers went like this...

First - first pressing 500 black / 500 smoke grey

second pressing 500 black / 500 brown

Second - first pressing 1,000 black

second pressing 500 black / 500 clear

You can tell the pressings of First apart by the insert. As I'd said earlier, the first pressing had a one color insert, the second had a two color insert. The Two pressings of Second are identical in packaging. There was going to be a change made to the jacket, but it didn't happen.

The CD formats of each (in case anyone is really interested) both went through three pressings, again with First changing each time, Second staying the same.

clocascio - The preorders didn't go up - there will still be a preorder offered for a short time, but not this week. I'm out of town briefly and will put them up sometime in the next week or so. I'll definitely give a heads up here before I do.

"Gumbercules?! I love that guy!" So good.

rabagast - All of our pressing info used to be on the old website before it changed to the one we have now. I'll make sure all of that info goes on the new site when its launched. As for Baroness, the numbers went like this...

First - first pressing 500 black / 500 smoke grey

second pressing 500 black / 500 brown

Second - first pressing 1,000 black

second pressing 500 black / 500 clear

You can tell the pressings of First apart by the insert. As I'd said earlier, the first pressing had a one color insert, the second had a two color insert. The Two pressings of Second are identical in packaging. There was going to be a change made to the jacket, but it didn't happen.

The CD formats of each (in case anyone is really interested) both went through three pressings, again with First changing each time, Second staying the same.

clocascio - The preorders didn't go up - there will still be a preorder offered for a short time, but not this week. I'm out of town briefly and will put them up sometime in the next week or so. I'll definitely give a heads up here before I do.

hyperrealist - Thanks man! Appreciate the update on the website as well. That kind of info is important if we want to get the correct pressing when buying records online, even when we're not looking for a 1.press.

Noticed that Gumbercules answered the part about hyperrealist vs relapse! So that would meen, in essence, that the relapse-edition of the red album's not really a "first pressing" but first-pressings from Baroness' new label, or something like that?

Cool albums anyways, I'll buy whatever I can lay my hands on....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...