Fun Fun Fun Fest 2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on going to this but I didn't think the line up was good enough to warrant taking the time off work and spending gobs and gobs of money to get down to Austin (I live in Ohio). Now DEVO cancelled and they have a Descendents reunion. Too late to get the time off of work... So fucking pissed.

I was planning on going to this but I didn't think the line up was good enough to warrant taking the time off work and spending gobs and gobs of money to get down to Austin (I live in Ohio). Now DEVO cancelled and they have a Descendents reunion. Too late to get the time off of work... So fucking pissed.

that's how i went about it. it's crazy because this seemed to be the general consensus before the descendents were added.

so what did everyone think?

Descendents - killed it....sooooo fucking worth it! I was told they are going to be touring...I guess we will have to wait and see. Plus they played "Uncontrollable Urge" by Devo.

Floor - loud as fuck, but incredible.

Suicidal Tendencies - mix sounded like shit...

High On Fire - fucking hell, those three dudes had such a huge sound.

Kylesa - dug it, have to start picking some of their stuff up.

The Hold Steady - great live band...audience participation and things of that sort.

Those were definitely the biggest highlights/observations. The Bronx (both versions), Ringworm, Best Coast, and Deerhunter were great too. I tried to see as much as I could since I was only there for the Sunday shows. I recorded a bunch of stuff on the ol' Zoom H2 as well...I love that thing.

Big ups to all the VCers who I met up with...good times.

so what did everyone think?

Descendents - killed it....sooooo fucking worth it! I was told they are going to be touring...I guess we will have to wait and see. Plus they played "Uncontrollable Urge" by Devo.

Floor - loud as fuck, but incredible.

Suicidal Tendencies - mix sounded like shit...

High On Fire - fucking hell, those three dudes had such a huge sound.

Kylesa - dug it, have to start picking some of their stuff up.

The Hold Steady - great live band...audience participation and things of that sort.

Those were definitely the biggest highlights/observations. The Bronx (both versions), Ringworm, Best Coast, and Deerhunter were great too. I tried to see as much as I could since I was only there for the Sunday shows. I recorded a bunch of stuff on the ol' Zoom H2 as well...I love that thing.

Big ups to all the VCers who I met up with...good times.

the (real) bronx i thought were sooo on point. i've never seen them rock that hard and control the crowd like they did.

I primarily went for capn jazz and for their "last performance ever" they didn't disappoint! but the bronx blew my metaphorical dick off!!! the descendents were insane. that crowd was intense! definitely brought the house down.

other highlights: mariachi el bronx, devin the dude, weird al and all his costume changes, FUCKING GWAR gutting Sarah Palin on stage, municipal waste, and deerhunter all amazing sets. the OWTH aftershow at Beerland owned ass too.

most of all i had a blast hanging out with all you guys :) made my weekend and my year.

working on getting some pics/vids uploaded..might post a couple highlights in this thread.

I primarily went for capn jazz and for their "last performance ever" they didn't disappoint! but the bronx blew my metaphorical dick off!!! the descendents were insane. that crowd was intense! definitely brought the house down.

other highlights: mariachi el bronx, devin the dude, weird al and all his costume changes, FUCKING GWAR gutting Sarah Palin on stage, municipal waste, and deerhunter all amazing sets. the OWTH aftershow at Beerland owned ass too.

most of all i had a blast hanging out with all you guys :) made my weekend and my year.

working on getting some pics/vids uploaded..might post a couple highlights in this thread.

how amazing was that cloud of smoke rising from devin's crowd?

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':7mabporx]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':7mabporx]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Floor was great. Snapcase, Ringworm, and High on Fire were all great as well. As for the Descendents, fuck. yes. They played every single song I wanted to hear and some I kinda forgot about, but was excited as shit to hear! Jesus. I was about 10 ft from the front of the barrier (yeah, fuck a barrier) but ended up getting out of there once I couldn't breathe/couldn't see shit from people being on top of my head. I wanted to actually see the Descendents play. So worth it, though. I only tried one time to get a picture, and it sucked. Here it is anyway:

[image]

and here is the set list for anyone who couldn't make it but was curious:

[image]