PO: Bad Books (MO + KDev) UPDATED

I couldn't resist hitting the order button last night on musicdirect.com. I have never ordered from the site b4, but it was up 4 pre-order and it went through. Should I be worried? I don't know what kind of reputation the site has. I just saw Bad Books and flipped a shit. Here's hoping..........

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/88954

Realy ? i had trouble w/ie and switched to firefox & it worked fine for me

I think it was an all around issue, both times I tried it with Google Chrome, Firefox and IE, and didn't have luck with any. First time I had the Limited to 24 release in my cart and it messed up.......sooooo pissed!!! Got one now anyhow, at-least I got one :)

****I will say I just used Google Chrome and it seemed to work the best for future info****

according to facebook they are considering making the extra 100 red as well so that would increase the number pressed. Kinda annoying really. They said it was to make sure that all preorders are the one colour and cant be bought any other way. But it means for those who managed to snag copies initially now have a less limited copy. Im not overly fussed, but i do i think it just suggests that whoever is planning it isnt that experiences with vinyl. Shouldnt really say its limited to x number then when it sells out just make more that are indistinguishable from the first bunch

according to facebook they are considering making the extra 100 red as well so that would increase the number pressed. Kinda annoying really. They said it was to make sure that all preorders are the one colour and cant be bought any other way. But it means for those who managed to snag copies initially now have a less limited copy. Im not overly fussed, but i do i think it just suggests that whoever is planning it isnt that experiences with vinyl. Shouldnt really say its limited to x number then when it sells out just make more that are indistinguishable from the first bunch

It also means that more people get to (potentially) hear their music on vinyl. So...there's that.

terrible.

poor you and your less limited vinylz.

It also means that more people get to (potentially) hear their music on vinyl. So...there's that.

and that wouldnt happen if they pressed an extra 200 or so on another colour?

As i said im not overly fussed and usually chose colour based on what looks the best rather than how limited it is. I just think it is poor practice to say out of 250 and then jack it up after it has sold out. The same way they are considering making more book bundles

i would be happy for them to press 10,000 in one colour and i still would have bought it. I just think if you are not sure how many you are going to press never give a number for the pressing. Rather than saying 250 then adding another 100. Im stoked for them that they are selling so many

Also im sure if an extra 100 or 200 of the most limited colours of TDAG were announced after it sold out people would be making jokes about jesse swimming in money

and that wouldnt happen if they pressed an extra 200 or so on another colour?

As i said im not overly fussed and usually chose colour based on what looks the best rather than how limited it is. I just think it is poor practice to say out of 250 and then jack it up after it has sold out. The same way they are considering making more book bundles

I see nothing wrong with a band underestimating their potential to sell records and then pressing more to compensate. It's a testament to their music and fans. Good for them. They deserve it.

I totally agree that this is an amazing turnout for a band that probably didn't expect to sell so many albums. I just have one question.

When the shit did Kevin Devine and MO get so popular? Haha.

I'm totally glad, nevertheless. I know that MO is pretty popular nowadays, so I hope that KD gets his due now.