NYC Mosque

Looks like someone listens to Sean Hannity.

Seriously, working a job where I have to listen to talk radio all day raises my blood pressure, but it also makes it sooooooo easy to call out lazy assholes who just regurgitate whatever the talking heads tell them.

Also:

So half the people who oppose it don't even think they should have the right to? Fuck. That. Bullshit.

You can't get 100% of America to agree on anything.

Here's an analogy for you. Say there was a group of rogue Target employees that got together because they hated Americans and and caused all sorts of violence. Then they blew up a building and killed 3,000 Americans. Would anyone want them to build a Target down the street from this destroyed building? And oh yeah, the money to build this new store partially comes from stores who harbor other rogue Target employees.

This is a ridiculous analogy but you get the point.

The leader of the group, who he takes money from, and the anti-American venom he imbues is what disgusts me the most.

So when a terrorist says "I am killing Americans for this reason" and the leader of the Mosque says "I don't agree with what they're doing but this is why they are doing it" it is being anti-American? Was he being anti-American when he was working WITH the CIA? Also the Saudi money that's funding this is coming from the Saudi prince who is a majority share holder in the company that owns Fox news. You would know this if Fox had the balls to say who the boogie man they keep talking about is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with the people who are all up in arms about the statements that guy made is that they are completely clueless when it comes to the US's relations and history in regards to Osama bin Laden, the mujahideen, and the conflict with the soviets in Afghanistan. They open their mouths and regurgitate what they hear self-appointed political 'pundits' say, without actually knowing any of the context surrounding, well, most everything.

the problem with the people who are all up in arms about the statements that guy made is that they are completely clueless when it comes to the US's relations and history in regards to Osama bin Laden, the mujahideen, and the conflict with the soviets in Afghanistan. They open their mouths and regurgitate what they hear self-appointed political 'pundits' say, without actually knowing any of the context surrounding, well, most everything.

seriously, you'd think at least a few of this fucking super patriots would have seen Rambo 3.

seriously, you'd think at least a few of this fucking super patriots would have seen Rambo 3.

hahahaha +1.

You can't get 100% of America to agree on anything.

Here's an analogy for you. Say there was a group of rogue Target employees that got together because they hated Americans and and caused all sorts of violence. Then they blew up a building and killed 3,000 Americans. Would anyone want them to build a Target down the street from this destroyed building? And oh yeah, the money to build this new store partially comes from stores who harbor other rogue Target employees.

This is a ridiculous analogy but you get the point.

The leader of the group, who he takes money from, and the anti-American venom he imbues is what disgusts me the most.

So when a terrorist says "I am killing Americans for this reason" and the leader of the Mosque says "I don't agree with what they're doing but this is why they are doing it" it is being anti-American? Was he being anti-American when he was working WITH the CIA? Also the Saudi money that's funding this is coming from the Saudi prince who is a majority share holder in the company that owns Fox news. You would know this if Fox had the balls to say who the boogie man they keep talking about is.

It's not like there's a list of donors. Terrorists and Islamic radicals could be very well be funding the project. And yes, it is an anti-American statement to blame America and point the finger at her for 9/11.

It's not like there's a list of donors. Terrorists and Islamic radicals could be very well be funding the project. And yes, it is an anti-American statement to blame America and point the finger at her for 9/11.

so according to you, unless i blindly support everything that the United States does, I'm anti-American?

sidenote: do you know ANYTHING about the situation that happened under the Carter and Reagan administration in Afghanistan?

HOT BUTTON ISSUE!!! Be sure to praise/scold your politicians come election day based on this fashionable topic that has nothing to do with the American federal government. It's gonna be all the rage this November, gay marriage is so 2008. Luckily hate and fear are always fabulous.

i'm so bored of this. the first page of this thread was pretty much eveyrone saying the same exact thing. everyone could have prety much just said "i agree" and it would have been ok. now we have 1 person who disagrees? i've seen many (and took part of 1) discussion of this on facebook. seems like everyone has a friend on there that wants to bring this up and argue whether it's cool or not cool. personally i dont care. i agree with everyone on page 1 of this thread (and probably 99 percent of this board) . jhog and nicole are dumb. end thread

The awful truth was stated here earlier, this is a silly election year issue to distract people from the real issues/problems. Come December no one will care about this at all and the Mosque/cultural center will be built with little or no fan fare and everyone who made a stink on either side will avoid saying anything because it's no longer politically advantageous to do so.

The truth is using a portion of the population and their religion as a political football is more disrespectful, unAmerican and just plan fucked up than any building ever.

ridiculous analogy

"Who he takes money from" is Al-Waleed bin Talal, largest private stockholder in News Corporation aka Fox News, pictured here with notorious terrorist sympathizer Rupert Murdoch.

[image]

Pleeeez do some research on your own, using actual news sources that don't tell you when to get mad and why, and report back with your findings. I've heard these weak-ass talking points a hundred times already.

Also, you didn't deny listening to Hannity. It's okay to listen to lunatics yelling for 3 hours, man, just be honest with me.

so according to you, unless i blindly support everything that the United States does, I'm anti-American?

sidenote: do you know ANYTHING about the situation that happened under the Carter and Reagan administration in Afghanistan?

You are misrepresenting me. I never said one had to blindly support everything in the US. I said they have not opted out of taking money from countries that harbor terrorists.

The man in question Imam Abdul Rauf is anti-American because he put the blame on the US for Islamic terrorists killing 3,000 people and refuses to not take money from nations that do not dissuade terrorists.