Getting records signed question

apirk

I guess I should have clarified I was talking about the record sleeve/cover not the actual record, who would do that?

I don't think I'd ever bother a band member at a show or anything I was asking because there are a few in stores with advertised signings coming up I might hit.

I had my June Paik 7" signed at a house show.. They said they hadn't seen one of them in forever and asked "You want us to write our names on it? That's weird." But then they signed it in a green crayon and Sebastian drew a tree and birds on it. Since everyone was hanging out for an hour or so before they played I don't think it was too fanboy-ish...

I get the vinyl signed if it is a light colour, or has a light label, or the cover - if it is lightly coloured. I really don't care about the re-sale value, because I'm keeping them for myself. I've got 17 records signed so far this year, and with them come great meories of the show and the conversations I had with the bands.