cigarette smell on vinyl?

Makes sense, I know my car smells like an ashtray......Hopefully quitting soon. My girl quit and she hates the way I stink.

baking soda? maybe if you put some in the sleeve, let it sit few days, then dump/wipe it out? It's powdery, wouldn't think it would damage anything......I'm completely guessing no experience with it. I just know baking soda is used to absorb scents

there are these things you can buy. they're like charcoal pucks that come in a container and smell like baking soda. i'd suggest getting a few of them (pretty sure they can be found at walmart or anywhere similar) and stick the records in a big storage container with the puck in the container and the lid off and seal it up. they absorb all the odour and are really cheap. used them when my dog got skunked.

I got a few These Arms Are Snakes records like this and it annoyed the shit out of me. I will say that I've done nothing about it and have had them for a little over a year and the smell seems to be fading. I think I might try leaving them in a sealed bag with some fabric sheets or those pucks mentioned earlier.

i got a black widows record the other day from ebay and it freaking reeked like weed. they guy tried to say he was straight edge, there was weed flakes in the sleeve.

So you smoked that shit right?

PS: If anyone wants to put weed in my records please go ahead.

i got a black widows record the other day from ebay and it freaking reeked like weed. they guy tried to say he was straight edge, there was weed flakes in the sleeve.

So you smoked that shit right?

PS: If anyone wants to put weed in my records please go ahead.

i ripped up the cover and rolled that shit!

HA! That reminds me, I bought about 50-60 80's metal/hard rock records off craigslist a couple years ago. After I got done going through them and cleaning them all I had a pretty good sized pile of old, dingy, decaying weed. When I bought them, the couple even told me I would probably find some weed in the jackets. They used to use gate fold jackets to smuggle the stuff in and out of the house. I wasn't expecting a pile. It was so old it was just crumbled to dust the second I got it out of the jackets. Everything cleaned up good and nothing smells.

HA! That reminds me, I bought about 50-60 80's metal/hard rock records off craigslist a couple years ago. After I got done going through them and cleaning them all I had a pretty good sized pile of old, dingy, decaying weed. When I bought them, the couple even told me I would probably find some weed in the jackets. They used to use gate fold jackets to smuggle the stuff in and out of the house. I wasn't expecting a pile. It was so old it was just crumbled to dust the second I got it out of the jackets. Everything cleaned up good and nothing smells.

So you smoked that shit, right?

I dunno about time helping with the smoke smell - sometimes when I'm buying collections that haven't been touched in 30 years they still reek of cigarettes. Sometimes it's so strong it seems like they had to have been literally blowing smoke into the sleeve to get it that smelly.

I wish I found weed in records. The best thing I found was a creepy birthday card in a Bad Company record.