Blink182-TakeOffYourPants&Jacket LP @ Hot Topic

travis

haha Sorry, thats not really possible.

Nah, not really something I could sell enough of at HT.

Yea, if these sell out really quick, Im sure I could get another pressing of 500, 1000, whatever...

Are you serious about the Ryan Adams? That's a joke right? Go check on ebay and see how much some of his limited edition 7"s go for. Honestly though, I doubt he'd ever give you those masters anyways now that he has his own record label. Definitely worth a taking a flyer though, IMO. I can personally guarantee if you did a run of 1,000 copies each, you'll sell out within an hour. If within a week, you haven't sold them all, I'll buy the rest. Haha.

It doesn't really matter how much they go for on Ebay its whether they would sell in Hot Topic and I don't think that kind of music is the type that the people who frequent Hot Topic would buy...

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious about the Ryan Adams? That's a joke right? Go check on ebay and see how much some of his limited edition 7"s go for. Honestly though, I doubt he'd ever give you those masters anyways now that he has his own record label. Definitely worth a taking a flyer though, IMO. I can personally guarantee if you did a run of 1,000 copies each, you'll sell out within an hour. If within a week, you haven't sold them all, I'll buy the rest. Haha.

It doesn't really matter how much they go for on Ebay its whether they would sell in Hot Topic and I don't think that kind of music is the type that the people who frequent Hot Topic would buy...

Exactly. Im not saying Ryan Adams vinyl wouldnt sell, I know he sells tons of records. Im saying I couldnt sell a lot of Ryan Adams vinyl through Hot Topic.

Honestly, there are well over 1,000 diehard RA fans on message boards that would gobble them all up instantly once word got around. I promise you're underestimating his rabid fanbase. I can guarantee they all sellout rapidly. Also people who like to flip records for big profit on ebay, know to buy his limited edition items. Trust me, you could do 2,000 copies of each and they'll be gone quicker than you can ship them out.

Exactly. Im not saying Ryan Adams vinyl wouldnt sell, I know he sells tons of records. Im saying I couldnt sell a lot of Ryan Adams vinyl through Hot Topic.

That's just absolutely not the reality. I'm sorry, buy you're 100% wrong on this. Give it a shot. These albums have never been released in any format. They were made available back in 2006 in low-quality digital mp3s from his website for free. The recordings have grown to quite the cult-following.

Honestly, there are well over 1,000 diehard RA fans on message boards that would gobble them all up instantly once word got around. I promise you're underestimating his rabid fanbase. I can guarantee they all sellout rapidly. Also people who like to flip records for big profit on ebay, know to buy his limited edition items. Trust me, you could do 2,000 copies of each and they'll be gone quicker than you can ship them out.

Well when those rabid RA fans start going to Hot Topics frequently they yeah maybe it'll get pressed but until then its not their demographic so they're not gonna risk it. It's simple supply and demand, people that frequent Hot Topic aren't typically RA fans so there will be no supply.

yeah, Hot Topic is definitely not a place for Ryan Adams records. I don't think a single Hot topic around here moved any of that Whiskeytown album that came out except for when they were on clearance.

That Whiskeytown album was NOT limited edition and is available EVERYWHERE. In that regard I could understand why its not moving at HT. If you did the 2 saDRAcula albums exclusively through your website, thats a whole new ballgame. Then when you see how well that worked, he's also got massive volumes of other unreleased material that could be turned into limited pressings. I'm telling you right now, it could be one heck of a profitable partnership if you were lucky enough to get him on board with this.

That's just absolutely not the reality. I'm sorry, buy you're 100% wrong on this. Give it a shot. These albums have never been released in any format. They were made available back in 2006 in low-quality digital mp3s from his website for free. The recordings have grown to quite the cult-following.

1. Im right, I do this for a living. I know my business pretty well.

2. If he only released these years ago as low-quality MP3's, he probably doesnt really want to put it on vinyl. There's a lot more to this than just going ok, I want to carry this record exclusively and then telling a label to press them. We've never really supported Ryan Adams at HT cause his fans are just not HT's demographic. Why would he want to give HT the ok to carry these "gems" from his catalog exclusively on vinyl for the first time?

3. If you want these so bad save up some cash and try to license them and put them out yourself. If you could sell 2000 you could make quite a bit of profit, right?

^ Quit it with the stupid thread hijack. Call the label and license these yourself if you think you could sell 1,000.

Sorry, trying to make the guy some money. I'll stop. If I had the startup capital to do these and even had any idea of how to get ahold of him, I'd do this in a heartbeat, though I'd be doing much more than a 1,000 pressing run.

yeah, Hot Topic is definitely not a place for Ryan Adams records. I don't think a single Hot topic around here moved any of that Whiskeytown album that came out except for when they were on clearance.

That Whiskeytown album was NOT limited edition and is available EVERYWHERE. In that regard I could understand why its not moving at HT. If you did the 2 saDRAcula albums exclusively through your website, thats a whole new ballgame. Then when you see how well that worked, he's also got massive volumes of other unreleased material that could be turned into limited pressings. I'm telling you right now, it could be one heck of a profitable partnership if you were lucky enough to get him on board with this.

Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing that and risking the cost of a pressing based on one dude on a forum saying they'll sell is not gonna make a corporation jump up and do it. I'd give up dude you're fighting a losing battle.

i''m sure every tween girl that walks into Hot Topic to buy a Twilight/GiR shirt wants to buy a Ryan Adams record as well. NOT.

Or you could look at it as you could be bringing in a whole different demographic of people into your store. Hey, nobody believes me when I say that I guarantee this would end up working out really really well for his business, but if he's not gonna take my advice then so be it. Figured I'd at least show him a nice opportunity.

Hey Travis, if you know anyone else in the record label business that has an interest in making some guaranteed money, send me a PM.

Dude will just not quit. But yeah like Travis said back to topic. Stoked that I can get it on 180 gm after missing that option on the MTS release that will probably never happen.

Travis,

Thanks for doing these man, I just started collecting records and Its a treat to be following all these pressings your doing and the chance to get stuff I lost out on due to starting to collect so late in the game!

I couldn't agree more, I only started collecting in June and looking at the prices for these albums (namely this and Thrice - TAITA) on ebay is daunting, so thanks for helping us new collectors out!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':wwxk1qfv]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':wwxk1qfv]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':j3bjzzg3]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':j3bjzzg3]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

You do realize I was not making fun of Ryan Adams, right? The video is of BRYAN Adams.

You're such a huge Ryan Adams fan, I figured you would have relaized he wasnt on the Robin Hood Soundtrack.

Personally, I think Ryan Adams is cool and I fully understand he can sell a ton of records but his fans do not shop at Hot Topic. What part of that is hard to understand? If you want to talk some shit at least get your shit talking straight.