CONVERGE "You Fail Me" & No Heroes" Represses

jbannon

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice that the spines on the jackets for the new No Heroes are thicker (like Axe To Fall and Jane Doe) than the first press? Also has larger type to fit the thicker spine. I like it. Looks rad. Looks like they put more thought into the details than just running off more of the old stock.

Also just noticed that the gatefold only has one record slot with the front being glued shut. My other NH's have both slots open on the gatefold. And there's a download card for No Heroes.

Other than this are these pretty much the same as the first press?

I also noticed that the colors on the sleeve are a bit paler than my first presses. Only noticeable when directly juxtaposed with the originals. Its not like it looks shitty or anything. Nothing else really stands out to me. The sound is good. My copies are bit crackly. My original NH's are much cleaner sounding and they're at least second-hand for me.

The You Fail Me insert is 11X11" and is expanded artwork. Not the cover hand graphic. Lyrics are there but in tiny type. Also has download card. My original YFM is a pretty crackly in the quiet areas and makes "In Her Shadow" kind of painful but luckily the music on the rest of the album is louder than the noise.

Maybe I need to grab some that D4 cleaning solution that supposedly cleans the shit out of the grooves completely. The stuff I use now is pretty nice but I doubt its as thorough for cleaning as some of the other solutions.

jbannon-

I have 2 questions to ask you. one being from one label to another. another converge question.

1) how do you feel about the fact that tons of people are buying up the colored vinyl converge lps and selling them on ebay for way-inflated prices? obviously, this happens with tons of records and bigger punk/hc reissues, but I've noticed it A LOT with the converge LPs. they sell out so damn quickly and almost immediately after theres 20 or more of each record on ebay for insane prices. just curious if you've ever thought about doing some sort of pre-order limit? (1 or 2 per customer) to deter this even the slightest, and make the records available for more reasonable prices to more fans. just curious.

2) can we expect vinyl reissues of the 1st three converge albums (c&k, wfcc & ptes)???

thanks,

great work with all the deathwish/converge vinyl. I highly admire you for keeping prices low and still churning out quality records. I wish more bands/labels of your stature would work the way you do.

jbannon-

I have 2 questions to ask you. one being from one label to another. another converge question.

1) how do you feel about the fact that tons of people are buying up the colored vinyl converge lps and selling them on ebay for way-inflated prices? obviously, this happens with tons of records and bigger punk/hc reissues, but I've noticed it A LOT with the converge LPs. they sell out so damn quickly and almost immediately after theres 20 or more of each record on ebay for insane prices. just curious if you've ever thought about doing some sort of pre-order limit? (1 or 2 per customer) to deter this even the slightest, and make the records available for more reasonable prices to more fans. just curious.

2) can we expect vinyl reissues of the 1st three converge albums (c&k, wfcc & ptes)???

thanks,

great work with all the deathwish/converge vinyl. I highly admire you for keeping prices low and still churning out quality records. I wish more bands/labels of your stature would work the way you do.

To help with question #1, I believe he said in a previous thread that if anyone ordered more records than there were variants, the order would be cancelled. So if there were 3 variants and someone ordered 5 records, it would be cancelled. Not sure about if there is only 1 color though.

This is not correct (I think it only applied to the YFM screenprinted covers, which were ultra limited). You can buy more than the number of variants and not get your ordered canceled (what if you are buying records for a friend who isn't around a computer when the sale goes live?) Deathwish can't police eBay and what people do with their records. I think moving towards keep repressing records that people want is a great idea. So new fans and what not are not forced to pay ebay prices.

Also, "wfcc & ptes" were reissued (and remastered) as Petitioning Forever, which has 2 pressings so far. http://www.deathwishinc.com/releases/84/#64

1) Flipping:

It's been happening since eBay came into existence in the late 90's, so it's nothing new really. We do our best to educate our customers as to when DW releases will be up for Pre-order, etc. Hopefully this information is absorbed and allows people who truly want our label's releases to get them direct from us. We do police orders and have cancelled orders in the past that were from blatant abusers. Thankfully those abuses occur infrequently and are pretty obvious when they do.

We try to keep everything in press we possibly can. But the fact of the matter is we are a small business, so it's not always possible.

2) "When Forever..."" & "Petitioning...", etc:

Those albums were reissues when released as a 2XLP titled "Petitioning Forever" on Deathwish a few years ago.

Though the band members and Hydra Head folks have discussed it in the past, there are no plans to release "Caring & Killing" on vinyl at this time.

3) Other (surface noise, art, etc):

Surface noise is quite a normal thing for vinyl as a media. Clean your needle and clean your albums thoroughly to cut down on it with all of your releases.

The spines are identical to a majority of other DW Gatefold vinyl releases, as we try and use the same printer all the time. And yes, they are super thick, and pretty damn awesome.

As for the fluctuation in print color in releases, it will ALWAYS exist when printing under 50K pieces or so. Print houses who are doing what is considered "small run" jobs aren't concerned with consistency as these are not profitable in the first place. They just do them as fast and efficiently as they can. If I were to ever ask to do a press check before a job is run, they'd probably piss themselves laughing at me. It's the nature of the beast of being a small fish in a gargantuan sea.

As far as stature goes, DW is just a few hard working people doing what we love.

More often than not, it's a thankless undertaking, so the kind words are appreciated by all of us.

-J.

1) Flipping:

It's been happening since eBay came into existence in the late 90's, so it's nothing new really. We do our best to educate our customers as to when DW releases will be up for Pre-order, etc. Hopefully this information is absorbed and allows people who truly want our label's releases to get them direct from us. We do police orders and have cancelled orders in the past that were from blatant abusers. Thankfully those abuses occur infrequently and are pretty obvious when they do.

We try to keep everything in press we possibly can. But the fact of the matter is we are a small business, so it's not always possible.

2) "When Forever..."" & "Petitioning...", etc:

Those albums were reissues when released as a 2XLP titled "Petitioning Forever" on Deathwish a few years ago.

Though the band members and Hydra Head folks have discussed it in the past, there are no plans to release "Caring & Killing" on vinyl at this time.

3) Other (surface noise, art, etc):

Surface noise is quite a normal thing for vinyl as a media. Clean your needle and clean your albums thoroughly to cut down on it with all of your releases.

The spines are identical to a majority of other DW Gatefold vinyl releases, as we try and use the same printer all the time. And yes, they are super thick, and pretty damn awesome.

As for the fluctuation in print color in releases, it will ALWAYS exist when printing under 50K pieces or so. Print houses who are doing what is considered "small run" jobs aren't concerned with consistency as these are not profitable in the first place. They just do them as fast and efficiently as they can. If I were to ever ask to do a press check before a job is run, they'd probably piss themselves laughing at me. It's the nature of the beast of being a small fish in a gargantuan sea.

As far as stature goes, DW is just a few hard working people doing what we love.

More often than not, it's a thankless undertaking, so the kind words are appreciated by all of us.

-J.

1) yes, unfortunately 'flipping' has become the 'ticket scalping' of the new generation. I've seen it happening for years as well, with various different records & styles of punk. It's unfortunate. But it's good to know that you take the stance you do on it.

2) I wasn't aware of the "Petitioning Forever" vinyl reissue. Just of the cds. Please do what you can to repress this someday. "Caring & Killing" would be awesome too. Just sayin ;)

and as far as the 'stature' remark, I wasn't implying your a huge machine or anything, just a far bigger indie/diy label than myself.

Thanks.

Well shit. Feel free to file that lawsuit against me as a class action.

heres another picture and im legit trying to see if anyone knows anything, thats why i made this account yesterday. IM NOT A TROLL

Awesome!