what are you drinking? (non-alcoholic version!)

i pretty much have stopped buying bottled water, at least when i can help it. it's so much better for the environment to just use a filter or take it from your tap. there is so much waste/petroleum usage/bad shit overall that goes into making those plastic bottles...at least reuse them!

buy one of those nalgene bottles or a metal water bottle, they are cheap and easy to find and you can help the environment!

also, coca-cola has done a great job lying to you about the 'benefits' of vitamin water

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/the-dark-side-of-vitaminw_b_669716.html

if you have to use bottled and flavored water to feel like you are getting the nutrients you need, you must seriously re-evaluate your eating habits

agreed on all accounts!

i <3 my nalgene. i use it everyday!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a Nalgene 2.0? If it's not, I hope you aren't dishwashering it!

Speaking of Nalgenes, I think one of my friends stole my orange Syracuse Nalgene. All I have is my beat up blue Syracuse Nalgene. Fuckers.

i had an old one i got with my college's name on it, but it wasn't a bpa-free one, so i got a new one a couple months ago. we literally never use the dishwasher at my house, so i'm good to go either way!

Guest markovianprocess
i pretty much have stopped buying bottled water, at least when i can help it. it's so much better for the environment to just use a filter or take it from your tap. there is so much waste/petroleum usage/bad shit overall that goes into making those plastic bottles...at least reuse them!

buy one of those nalgene bottles or a metal water bottle, they are cheap and easy to find and you can help the environment!

also, coca-cola has done a great job lying to you about the 'benefits' of vitamin water

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/the-dark-side-of-vitaminw_b_669716.html

if you have to use bottled and flavored water to feel like you are getting the nutrients you need, you must seriously re-evaluate your eating habits

agreed on all accounts!

i <3 my nalgene. i use it everyday!

I haven't heard of nalgene, but I've grown very attached to my sigg bottle. They have a lot of water fountains at university, so I haven't had to buy a plastic bottle of water for some time now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7763038/Bottled-water-contains-more-bacteria-than-tap-water.html

There are always articles like this ^ around, and ones which show of the vile tactics that a lot of these companies use in gaining access to the water that they sell, so it's nice not to have to support that, as the tap water in the UK is of a very high quality.

• 2 weeks later...