What Percentage of records do you buy overseas?

Guest markovianprocess

Probably about 30%. I do buy from a lot of UK distros that do the importing for us, and I have a few local record stores that I frequent at.

I'd say 10%, give or take. Really, it's only when I find something I'd love to have on vinyl, and can't find anywhere else. (eBay and trade sites included.) I always tell myself that the shipping won't be worth it, and that it's too costly of an investment... but alas. I somehow always squeeze the trigger. My heart goes out to you vinyl collectors overseas, who are almost exclusively raped with shipping charges. You have dedicated hearts and wallets, for sure.

I'd say 10%, give or take. Really, it's only when I find something I'd love to have on vinyl, and can't find anywhere else. (eBay and trade sites included.) I always tell myself that the shipping won't be worth it, and that it's too costly of an investment... but alas. I somehow always squeeze the trigger. My heart goes out to you vinyl collectors overseas, who are almost exclusively raped with shipping charges. You have dedicated hearts and wallets, for sure.
now just imagine the bitching on this site about shipping if some of you weren't from the us

I used to buy about 90% of records overseas but now with the shipping rates going through the roof i can't afford to and also Virgil has left a bad taste in my mouth with the "In The Red" fiasco !!

I'm glad for UK distro's like Different Kitchen and All In Vinyl amongst others who have saved me a fortune and have gone out of their way to help me out especially Alan at Different Kitchen distro who has done more than enough for me....thanks Alan ;)

And also "thanks" to Bill (No Control) who also looks out for me and saves me a small fortune on shipping ;)

I would say i now only buy 5% direct from overseas from sources that i can fully trust !

Very very little. The one label I would buy from was Adaigo830 would keep shipping to the states pretty low for a preorder (sometimes around $18), so I would do it if it was something I really wanted like a preorder version of the Trainwreck LP or the Drowning with our Anchors LP.

I still buy about 90% of my vinyl from overseas (US, Japan, mainland Europe) but that's mainly because I'm buying stock for the store and it helps cut down on postage if I buy for my own collection at the same time. That said, people like Different Kitchen, All In Vinyl, etc really help out with UK based excellence as well! Anyone in the UK (or anywhere really) who doesn't already know them should definitely visit their stores.

Oh and mine of course ;)