Anyone watch the UFL?

Is this used as kind of an NFL minor leagues? I know that was part of the reason behind NFL Europe.

Yeah that is what I read even though there is no "alleged" affiliation. Either way, there was NO one at the game., and former Patriot Scott Zolak was doing the analysis. I am glad I didnt miss the boat on this.

It's wanting to be the rival of the NFL but I don't see it getting anywhere close. I know when players get cut from NFL teams they encourage them to try out with the UFL.

its less of a rival and more of a developmental league for most players..obviously most of the players in the league aren't nfl caliber yet so it gives them somewhere to play since there is no nfl minor league.

Don't be so quick to assume things on the UFL. Mark Cuban is one of the partners behind it and the NFL has tacitly approved of its use as a development league where teams can pluck players from during the regular season when needed in case of injury. Salaries are $50k for ordinary players and $250k for starting quarterbacks and there is interest in expanding the league from its 5 current teams to 8. The XFL died b/c it wanted to be entertainment event first before being a sports league. The UFL's goals are very different.