Alexisonfire: Dog's Blood EP

I just did an interview with George Pettit for Planet S Magazine:

PS: So what was the impetus for releasing the Dog’s Blood EP, which was self-described as experimental?

GP: I don’t think it was any more experimental as any of other records before. I think it was definitely experimental in the format. We had a concept for it, which were these two fast songs that we wrote on the road and an instrumental track we wrote during the Old Crows sessions. And we came home from the road and wrote another song. I think as far doing things that are experimental, the EP is an easier format to do those sorts of things than a full-length record. You aren’t under a lot of scrutiny when you do them. And that was key to the Dog’s Blood EP – we didn’t over think anything we did. We wrote the songs, we did the artwork and we booked the studio for two days and that was that. We just wanted to get it out. We didn’t need any big booming radio choruses.

We weren’t reinventing the wheel by any means. We were just listening to a lot of fast and heavy, stonery kind of stuff.

Woot, just got notification that this was delivered today... should be waiting on my doorstep! Such a good album, can't wait to hear it on vinyl. It really is more experimental... you can almost hear the creative juices flowing through their veins. Much heavier than recent material, too.

[edit] OMG just got home and popped it on.... it's 45 rpm... I seriously almost shit myself when I made the discovery. Sounds incredible.

so are the /300 copies sold out? i still cant find them anywhere.... confuseddddddddd

Not sure when it was put up, but I just noticed it an ordered.

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=2481&pf%5Fid=2780%2D148〈=EN

ah, thanks a bunch! they mustve put it up just a few days ago... i checked maple music, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...