Merry Christmas to Tom Waits Fans

This is the price what usually pays for a MOFI re-issue .

If ANTI will doing the same awesome job ( And I don't doubt that ANTI will be done a good job on this ) , re-mastered,heavy weight cardboard jacket,etc, I'll buy it without any problem.

This looks like to a simple re-issue remastered and UNLIMITED ( OK Red is It's limited to...1000!!!!!), still cannot understand the hight price .

I don't gonna buy this , first , because it's mega expensive , second , you can Buy OG for half of the price ( or less ) and Third, I already have the OG's.

This looks like to a simple re-issue remastered and UNLIMITED ( OK Red is It's limited to...1000!!!!!), still cannot understand the hight price .

What are you basing that on? I have a copy of "Mule Variations" that was put out by ANTI for Record Store Day this year. And it's on 180gr vinyl with a heavy stock gatefold jacket, anti-static inner sleeves and a very nice glicli print inside. This was a very high quality pressing and I assume the new one's will be as well. Definitely worth the cost.

Oh, and fyi, these are much higher quality vinyl than the OG's that you state you can buy at 1/2 the cost.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got the red copies and I'm getting nasty scratching sound on the left channel on Closing Time & Nighthawks.. anybody else got the same problem?

http://www.tomwaits.com/news/article/117/Audio_Problems_With_Tom_Waits_Red_Vinyl/

I read about the red vinyl problem the other day. Kings Road will send you a new one.

• 1 month later...
i got my replacements

they both have surface noise too

i dont think they did a repressing....they just sent me more from the same batch.

i am willing to bet they all have distortion and some people just dont have the ears to notice it

or just plain dont care

Better not! I sent mine back and now the replacements are on their way to me (minus Closing Time - ALL GONE they told me >:( )