Voting

I voted... but pretty much everyone that I voted for lost. Oh well... there's always 2012.

Was anyone else's voting stationed at a Church? I'm beyond confused as to how they can use a church to hold elections... something about a separation of church and state. I don't know... that's mentioned somewhere, right?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone else's voting stationed at a Church? I'm beyond confused as to how they can use a church to hold elections... something about a separation of church and state. I don't know... that's mentioned somewhere, right?

All of the places I've ever voted at have been churches. It seems like most polling places are either churches or schools.

While I'm no expert on the matter, I'd imagine the reasoning lies in the fact that churches are prevalent, familiar, and tend to have large empty rooms that facilitate activities such as voting. People aren't voting in a room of worship or anything.

Schools and churches also tend to have tons of parking.

All of the places I've ever voted at have been churches. It seems like most polling places are either churches or schools.

While I'm no expert on the matter, I'd imagine the reasoning lies in the fact that churches are prevalent, familiar, and tend to have large empty rooms that facilitate activities such as voting. People aren't voting in a room of worship or anything.

Schools and churches also tend to have tons of parking.

I found it weird when a friend said he voted in a Church, but in my town, we love public money for sports and all that, so all the voting districts in it are either schools or ice rinks or something like that.

I think Churches would be avoided if there was another option, but sometimes there's just not a better open building to use.