Cave In: Anomalies Vol 1 Vinyl LP Pre-Order

Pass. Only thing I am looking forward from the HH camp is the Harvey Milk Special Wishes vinyl. will skip all this other nonsense. How much weed are these dudes smoking? Bring back Shel and reasonably priced vinyl you knuckleheads.

They are re-pressing "Special Wishes?" All i heard about were the self-titled and "A Small Turn..." That would be sweet if they would re-press "Wishes."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass. Only thing I am looking forward from the HH camp is the Harvey Milk Special Wishes vinyl. will skip all this other nonsense. How much weed are these dudes smoking? Bring back Shel and reasonably priced vinyl you knuckleheads.

They are re-pressing "Special Wishes?" All i heard about were the self-titled and "A Small Turn..." That would be sweet if they would re-press "Wishes."

Sorry, I mean A Small Turn. I was kinda buzzed when I was writing this. Special Wishes has come down a lot in price hasn't it?

Sorry, I mean A Small Turn. I was kinda buzzed when I was writing this. Special Wishes has come down a lot in price hasn't it?

Ehh...i've seen it anywhere from $40 to $80. i know it probably went higher than that, but i still consider it pricey.

I'd like to say i'm going to stop buying stuff from Hydra Head and that this and the Daughters $19 madness was the final nail in this particular coffin.

But, I know eventually Torche will release another record and I'll buy it and that would make me a hypocrite. So, I guess, I'll just swear off buying from hydra head until they lower their prices (yeah right) or Torche releases another record.

Fuck.

Hydra Head Twitter: "CAVE IN 'Anomalies Vol. 1' LP http://bit.ly/aWglV7 White labels, xerox insert, black vinyl, 1 color 1 sided jacket, ltd 1k. Simple. SICK."

THEN WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?

Because dorks will pay that much. Thankfully, while I enjoy Cave In, I will not be among one of those dorks for this one.

I have no problem paying for records. But when the markup is that ridiculous, it's just not worth it at all. In fact it's kind of insulting to fans that they'd charge so much for a bunch of fucking covers and old recordings on a one-sided record with cheap packaging. I've had all of those songs on my computer for years already, so fuck them if they're going to charge that much to have it on vinyl.

Yeah, I'm a sucker. And HH are real rip off artists. I'm sure that's what Cave In and Hydra Head spend all their time doing, figuring out ways to rip off their fans.

And my point is simple: if you don't like paying for records just keep stealing music like every other asshole and shut up about it. Every other thread becomes a tirade about the cost of vinyl. It's expensive. Get over it. Believe me, I know what it's like to not have a lot of money. But perhaps not buying every variant of one record would allow a person to get a few other records in their collection. But by all means do as you please. I just wish there weren't so many threads shitting on the few labels that put out quality vinyl releases.

how many people complaining about this or the daughters lp bought a converge on my shield 7" for $6 bucks plus shipping? how about a glassjaw single for $6 plus shipping? or a kylesa "deluxe edition" 2xlp for $26 plus shipping? how about a $9 helms alee 7" or a $15 trap them ep w/ 4 songs plus shipping? how about the new get up kids lp - was that not $13 for 4 songs plus shipping?

if the major gripe is song content / length vs. cost, i fail to see the point being made here.

HH is at least no frills. the motto fits perfectly - dont like it, dont buy it. whining about it is, in all likelihood, not going to change a thing because in general - their records sell.

Yeah, I'm a sucker. And HH are real rip off artists. I'm sure that's what Cave In and Hydra Head spend all their time doing, figuring out ways to rip off their fans.

And my point is simple: if you don't like paying for records just keep stealing music like every other asshole and shut up about it. Every other thread becomes a tirade about the cost of vinyl. It's expensive. Get over it. Believe me, I know what it's like to not have a lot of money. But perhaps not buying every variant of one record would allow a person to get a few other records in their collection. But by all means do as you please. I just wish there weren't so many threads shitting on the few labels that put out quality vinyl releases.

Ok, well, that's just...like...your opinion man.

[image]

I'm complaining precisely because of the cost of vinyl... the cost to produce vs the price customers pay. Usually I don't care, I'll shell out extra cash for a deluxe gatefold 2xLP and feel it's worth it. But for a barebones-packaging, one-sided, seven-song, black LP... I'm sure this doesn't end up costing more than like $3 per record (w/ packaging) unless they only pressed a few hundred. If there's a good explanation, I'd like to hear it. But when labels like HH charge prices like this, and you still see No Idea selling records for $8 it puts things into perspective.

I'm complaining precisely because of the cost of vinyl... the cost to produce vs the price customers pay. Usually I don't care, I'll shell out extra cash for a deluxe gatefold 2xLP and feel it's worth it. But for a barebones-packaging, one-sided, seven-song, black LP... I'm sure this doesn't end up costing more than like $3 per record (w/ packaging) unless they only pressed a few hundred. If there's a good explanation, I'd like to hear it. But when labels like HH charge prices like this, and you still see No Idea selling records for $8 it puts things into perspective.

1 million times THIS

I can't believe we're comparing Hot Water Music or whatever to Cave In (sorry had to get a dig in).

In any case, I'm willing to bet that if HH felt the need to dignify your accusations with a response they could easily explain the cost. On the other hand, this is America, not the USSR. HH is under no obligation to barely break even on a Cave In record.

And lets face it: Cave In is not Hot Water Music or whatever. They made one of the most original, compelling records of the past ten 20 years. Even their bad stuff is pretty awesome.

• 3 weeks later...