Social Distortion-Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes PO

www.socialdstore.com

[image]

1000 copies on Yellow 2xLP.

2500 copies on Red 2xLP.

5000 on Black 2xLP.

Exclusive shirts and other restocks in there, as well as Social D's new store is awesome.

The record is fucking amazing. And when I say "fucking" i mean "absofuckinglutely" and you know why? Because it I don't get paid any differently to say it so. If I wanted to say it sucked, I could, and you could forward this post to the band. But I didn't say that. It's amazing. It's recorded all analog so it's got a more raw feel to the guitars than previous albums, but it sounds classic. "Diamond In The Rough" and "Still Alive" are worth the purchase price alone. Well...that and the Ebay flipping.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to hear this. I've heard Machine Gun Blues on Kroq's web site and if the rest of the record sounds like that, it's going to be amazing. Just to nit pick a little... I'm not fond of the artwork for this one though.

Machine Gun Blues is on itunes now also...I NEVER buy single songs, but made an exception for this one. They played Still Alive when I saw them recently, awesome song.

Ordered a yellow & red.....Damn that bundle $$$$$! Not even a price break by ordering all that stuff! Usually bundles you save a little....Been nice if it was just a bundle of all the records, and not all the T's n Hoodie.

New song is good! Listened to it several time already. Lyrically a little different than normal for Social D. More of a story song....but still a great song. Can't wait to hear the rest

• 1 month later...

This record leans a little on a "rock punk" more than a "punk rock".....But I like it. 4 of the songs have been on live bootlegs and Alone and Forsaken was on When the Angel Sings ep. So half of it isn't "new".....But it's nice to finally hear some of these in quality. The new version of Alone and Forsaken is Sooooo good. It was one of my favorite songs when they put it out in '96. By the way this is a Hank Williams Sr. cover for anyone that didn't already know. ....

Every Social D album out has a little different sound from record to record. None are the same....But they are obviously Social D, just a different flavor with each record. Well, here's yet another flavor....but it's good....

-I just realized there are a couple songs that are vinyl only release......cool.

I'll probably give this a listen, but I'm not sure I care that much anymore. Going to see them next month...mainly for Lucero and Chuck Ragan. Can't wait to be in a crowd of douchebag rockabilly guys, nazis, etc. They bring a pretty shitty crowd.

I couldn't stand the crowd when I saw them in october