Tool Lateralus Blue Vinyl

rawkuout

I'll chime in and say it's a bootleg too. Here's a link to a great resource regarding tool vinyl, and specifically spotting bootlegs:

http://toolvinyl.com/fake-tool-vinyl-guide/

Surprisingly, I still see the REAL Lateralus pic disc frequently here in Texas. Was there ever a repress?

I'll chime in and say it's a bootleg too. Here's a link to a great resource regarding tool vinyl, and specifically spotting bootlegs:

http://toolvinyl.com/fake-tool-vinyl-guide/

Surprisingly, I still see the REAL Lateralus pic disc frequently here in Texas. Was there ever a repress?

Not that I know of. I think they just made way too many of them. I guess they overestimated the number of dudes willing to shell out $40 for a record pressed on shit plastic, despite how cool it looks.

Speaking of the Lateralus pic disc, does anyone own it, and if so, how does it sound? i've read the reviews on Amazon for this, and several people mention that the second disc has a ton of noise and is nearly un-listenable. Anyone else have this problem?

Speaking of the Lateralus pic disc, does anyone own it, and if so, how does it sound? i've read the reviews on Amazon for this, and several people mention that the second disc has a ton of noise and is nearly un-listenable. Anyone else have this problem?

I got it as a birthday present years ago. It's not that bad, as in, I've heard worse picture discs.

It's especially frustrating that it's a not so great sounding pic disc b/c I recall even reading an interview with Adam or Maynard where they claimed the mix for the vinyl was DIFFERENT than the one for the CD!

Yes, both discs have audible noise, but if you crank it to 11 (as you SHOULD with this album) then it's not much of a problem!

As for paying half price for a boot, yes that's good, but at that point you're just buying it just to have it on vinyl, quality be damned, b/c you know if it's a boot then it's CD-sourced and not cut for vinyl like their original albums are. But you can find good needledrops of both Aenima and Undertow in lossless format on the net. I suggest finding these b/c they are quite revelatory. No compression or ear fatigue, completely crankable. For help finding these, search google or your favorite torrent site for "pbthal" or "aenima pbthal"