ground shipping

loren

has anyone else noticed that ground shipping really sucks..particularly ups and fedex ground? i mean not timewise or anything but the actual quality of the package when it arrives. i feel like every time something comes from ups or fedex ground i find myself in a bad mood cause the stuff is destroyed. and today ups managed to screw up 2 things in 1 day uggghh the worst being a silkscreen poster i got off ebay that i couldnt find anywhere with the poster tube completely smashed and bent in half as well as the cap missing grrrrrrrrrrrr so maddd >:(

im not saying that usps does an exceptional job or anytihng it just seemes like most things ground come completely messed up as opposed to the occasional ding on the corner of a record from usps

I work with UPS everyday and I know exactly what you are talking about. It's not just small packages either. YOu should see some of the boxes that get returned to us that are completly destroyed. If you are shipping anything UPS I recommend only overnight or 2nd day. Other than that you are most likely screwed.

at my work, we stopped using UPS here because theyre horrible. we work with fedex now and the boxes we get here are totally trashed on a constant basis so its a lose/lose--theyre a little more consistent on deliveries, etc. but they dont treat the packages much better. youre really better off shipping regular packages via USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation, that way your stuff is with like-sized packages and doesn't get crunched.

Both are better than DHL. My dad ordered some live Coral for our fish tank and paid for overnight, DHL loses them in Cincinnati, finds them later that day and refuses to drive them up here that night. Half the corals are dead or dying when we finally get them, and they refused to pay any compensation.

That is just plain fucked up! >:(

NEVER use FedEx. Way worse than UPS and it takes forever to get stuff from them. The UPS people are nice but they just don't care. Oh and don't ever put a fragile sticker on something. It's a beacon for them to be even rougher with a package.

maybe so, but its those little things that save you if/when you have to file a claim to recover funds on a damaged item. the logic being, "well it didnt say it was fragile so how were we supposed to know not to play catch with it?"

Both are better than DHL. My dad ordered some live Coral for our fish tank and paid for overnight, DHL loses them in Cincinnati, finds them later that day and refuses to drive them up here that night. Half the corals are dead or dying when we finally get them, and they refused to pay any compensation.

Yeah DHL sucks bad.

this brings on a whole other topic... your dad has saltwater fishtanks? isnt that a ton of work? i think itd be awesome to have one...

this brings on a whole other topic... your dad has saltwater fishtanks? isnt that a ton of work? i think itd be awesome to have one...

Yeah we have 2 tanks, and are about to set up a third. He loves his salt water fish tanks. Though the new one is going to just be corals and live rock and small fish to help cycle.

Yeah we have 2 tanks, and are about to set up a third. He loves his salt water fish tanks. Though the new one is going to just be corals and live rock and small fish to help cycle.

sweet. i have a freshwater tank im able to keep up with but salt water tanks are awesome. it just seems really expensive/tedious having to maintain it just like the ocean more or less...

sweet. i have a freshwater tank im able to keep up with but salt water tanks are awesome. it just seems really expensive/tedious having to maintain it just like the ocean more or less...

Oh it is. When we first set up the main tank, our fish kept dying and we never figured out why. Despite that my dad still would get $50+ fish. Now the tank is quite stable and he doesn't even have those expensive fish in there again. He puts a lot of work into it every night, tons of chemicals/vitamins/other random stuff to keep it healthily. Salt water is a ton of work and is really expensive, but the fish are usually so much nicer looking than freshwater. Plus corals looks amazing too.

I use FedEx Ground and had no issues. It all comes to how things are shipped and packaged. You need to know what you're doing. I mean no one would put an LP in an envelope even if it fit to send via FedEx Ground. You would pad it and make sure it wasn't going to get destroyed. Same thing with the poster. I mean you can't throw it in a tube that can be easily bent and then ship it ground in a truck.

i just bought a computer from HP, got free 2 day shipping, they shipped by fedex which i HATE from past experiences, its due to arrive on sept 1st which is perfect, im off work, i wait around all day, then i check the tracking and at 2:30 i get a 'Customer not available or business closed' notice, so i figure wtf?! so i called customer service to complain and they told me that the driver probably couldnt get into the gate on my apartment complex so thats why he didnt deliver. what moron doesnt just wait for the next car to drive up and go in OR just go into the apartment office which is right next to the gate, also OUTSIDE the gate to a) deliver to them or B) ask them to open the gate

and the reason it pissed me off so bad is that the 1st was a saturday, sunday they dont deliver, and they had monday and tuesday off for labor day, so i didnt get my next delivery attempt til the 5th, pretty goddamn lame.