bands you need to see dissapear in 2008!!

Guest genericinsight

I don't wish any band to "disappear" because the bands I hate or don't like, I don't pay attention to. In my personal world, they already don't exist.

Guest genericinsight
Well sometimes you can't avoid them. In those instances, I certainly wish I could disappear them all the way to hell where their music is already being played anyway.

hmmm well I don't mean to turn this into an argument or anything of the sort but its gotten a lot easier (especially for me) to ignore bands I don't like.

In terms of mainstream/popular music, I don't listen to the radio. I don't watch Fuse or MTV. If I'm in a store or restaurant where a band I don't like is playing on the radio, I just sort of mentally block it out - I'm not in said place to listen to whatever's playing in the background anyway. Food, shopping or whatever my specific agenda might be takes hold over that.

works the same way if it's a "scene" band or band within this music community I don't like. The only time I can see myself even being "subjected" to music by a band I don't like is perhaps if I'm at a show and the PA is playing them in between bands, which again, I do the mental block out thing and concentrate on the bands I'm there to see, rather than the background music. If I'm friends with a person that listens to a band I don't like, I'll just politely suggest that the person not play said band's music around me. In an extreme case if I end up at a show where a band I don't like is playing at, there's ways to avoid not having to "sit through" a band.

I don't know, that's just how I've managed to deal with it. I guess I'm in the minority that I've developed a tolerance for music I don't like. Not saying everyone should do this of course.

everyone on Decaydance (Lifetime can stay)

everyone Epitaph/Victory/Trustkill is signing these days

Taking Back Sunday should throw in the towel or get John back and start writing decent songs again

i agree about TBS. the used should hang it up, as well. the offspring are washed up. reel big fish need to start writing good songs again. they all sound the same.