mp3 PLAYER help/suggestions!!!

kouka

backstory: my wife's laptop (which is a year old) won't let me download iTunes onto it (keeps saying some folder is missing. I've tried making a new folder, etc, and just cant get the fucking thing to work). makes no sense, but here I am.

Does anyone have suggestions for alternatives to an iPod. looking for maybe a 16gig-ish.

Love MediaMonkey.. the only problem I have is that Volume Leveling is turned on automatically and it permanently alters the files. Had to re do a few albums in flac thanks to that.

Works seemlessly with Last.fm and syncs nicely with Ipod. Not to mention you can copy files from you ipod to your computer with it.

ok, question #2:

I want to get my daughter an ipod too, but this will mean 2 ipods will share a computer (with WinAmp). is there a way to do this so they don't automatically sync?

Basically, I would want ipod #1 (my wife's) to sync, but ipod #2 to let me add by drag and dropping mp3s to it.

any ideas?

i just got a 160gb ipod classic after 4 years of hard use of my 30gb one. i'm not paying more for a touch that only holds a fraction of my music, pffft.

also, my brother in law's zune died after just less than 2 years. he's a microsoft diehard but is considering getting an ipod.

ok, question #2:

I want to get my daughter an ipod too, but this will mean 2 ipods will share a computer (with WinAmp). is there a way to do this so they don't automatically sync?

Basically, I would want ipod #1 (my wife's) to sync, but ipod #2 to let me add by drag and dropping mp3s to it.

any ideas?

You can set ipod #2 to manually manage your files (disable sync). I never had sync turned on with my old nano because it was only 4 gigs. Should be a simple setting somewhere, can't remember off hand though.

i just got a 160gb ipod classic after 4 years of hard use of my 30gb one. i'm not paying more for a touch that only holds a fraction of my music, pffft.

that's exactly what i was thinking when i bought mine. it was $175 for a touch that holds 32g or $150 for a 160g. i chose the 160 because 32 wouldn't have cut it. it's already bad that i have more than enough music for the 160g.

ok, question #2:

any ideas?

just plug in the 2nd ipod, click on it under 'devices' and deselect 'auto-sync when connected' or something to that effect. my ipod is upstairs right now so i don't know the exact phrasing.

ah, crap. forgot you were having problems installing itunes and this would be an itunes option. i have never used winamp with my ipod so i have no idea how syncing works on there.

i know, right?? i don't understand the fascination with an ipod touch but i guess now you can do stuff through wifi on them and facebook and buy apps. it's basically turned into an iphone without the phone or camera.

my 120gb classic is full and it's killing me. i wish they'd make a 250gb one so i don't have to bother with getting a 160gb after christmas for only a little more room. there are rumors but it's probably all talk. i need a 1tb ipod at this point. i don't ever want to run out of room again. :-/