those new nofx epitaph records

Mine skipped too. I have almost every represses and they're all pretty much shit.

I actually reduced a good amount of skips by cleaning the record very hard with a record brush. It must be because there still is vinyl residue in some grooves. I must admit that some skips still occur at the same places on different represses. For new records, this is intolerable. Overall, Epitaph should be more carefull about those things but they did replace one of those records for free.

I can argue both sides here. My represses skipped on my ~$90 record player. Only records I owned that skipped. They don't skip on my $300+ player.

So yea, if the $90 player can play every other record fine, then the represses probably are fucked up. However, the expensive player plays them perfectly. Still not an excuse for Epitaph, but they do/can work.

I can argue both sides here. My represses skipped on my ~$90 record player. Only records I owned that skipped. They don't skip on my $300+ player.

So yea, if the $90 player can play every other record fine, then the represses probably are fucked up. However, the expensive player plays them perfectly. Still not an excuse for Epitaph, but they do/can work.

Same here. I used to use an AT PL-300 and I had many records that skipped. The White Trash was by far the worse. Skipped every few seconds.

On a Project Debut, no skips period.