RX Bandits Test Press Photos + VC Discount

I finished screen printing the test press sleeves for the Rx Bandits "Progress" album last week - here are photos of the final product. Wanted to keep it simple.

Enjoy the Ride set up a 15% off coupon just for this message board that you can use towards the test presses & your entire order - use the code "VCForum" at checkout. You can purchase them at:

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com

[image]

[image]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished screen printing the test press sleeves for the Rx Bandits "Progress" album last week - here are photos of the final product. Wanted to keep it simple.

Enjoy the Ride set up a 15% off coupon just for this message board that you can use towards the test presses & your entire order - use the code "VCForum" at checkout. You can purchase them at:

[image]

[image]

Those look super sharp! Would you screen print some jackets for a couple tests pressings for me?

[image]

[image]

Those look super sharp! Would you screen print some jackets for a couple tests pressings for me?

Yeah dude! Shoot me an email --> [email protected]

Guest markovianprocess
$75 is ridiculous. getting 24 test presses is ridiculous, even if only 8 are being sold. even after 15% off it's $63.75. i bet if one was put up on ebay it would go for less than $63.75.
24 test presses????

Maybe they were for friends/family of the band, and the band requested this many? The bit that made me laugh though was in the item description.

"Note- For those unaware Test pressings, usually with Test Pressing written on the label, with catalog number, artist and recording time or date, are produced in small quantities (usually under 20copies) to evaluate the quality of the disc production for approval by the label and band for mass production"

Pretty sure he has said in th past that he does give these.to people involved with the project, so it seems more like a friends press. But I agree the price was a little high. At least he didn't put it up then add the 15% discount a few weeks later.

I understand it is alot but its for true collectors who want "everything" of the band and I made a vc forum member promo code to cut it down a bit. In a couple years once they aren't readily available they will go for at least $100 on ebay i assume since it has a fantastic looking screen printed sleeve and what not. All that being said, i know some people disagree with it but I already sold 5 of these at that price so no one is forcing anyone to buy it if you disagree or have no interest.(no disrespect meant by that statement)

This is not about the music, obviously.

Putting thousands of dollars on the line before even making a penny to be able to hear an album you like on vinyl & make it available to the public and it's not about the music? Anyone who puts that much money, time, and effort into making something that came out this nice deserves to at least break even and maybe make a little money in the process. I know for a fact that ETR is not rolling around in all the cash they made off test press sales. Working for months with Ross on this project, I first hand experienced his dedication to how nice the album would sound & look and while he was hoping to at least break even and make a little bit on top, he never once gloated about all the money he'd be making off the album once.

how so? I spent 10 months dealing with drive thru in order to secure licensing rights and then ended up only being able to get the right to press 500 of each then went above and beyond to upgrade packaging to 180gram, 45rpm, gatefold etc... so the fans were happy since ive seen people asking to get this pressed for years now. I still havnt even recouped and spent countless hours dealing with Richard and working ot the layout of the record. This whole drive thru project is a passion project for me which i am not making a killing on monetarily by any means and thats if they all sell out which I have close to half left as of now. If i made it a "friends press" would it make people happier?

how so? I spent 10 months dealing with drive thru in order to secure licensing rights and then ended up only being able to get the right to press 500 of each then went above and beyond to upgrade packaging to 180gram, 45rpm, gatefold etc... so the fans were happy since ive seen people asking to get this pressed for years now. I still havnt even recouped and spent countless hours dealing with Richard and working ot the layout of the record. This whole drive thru project is a passion project for me which i am not making a killing on monetarily by any means and thats if they all sell out which I have close to half left as of now. If i made it a "friends press" would it make people happier?

jinx

how so?

First off, if it is about the music you should have spoken to the band.

Second, you pressed 500 of these, right? And there are 100 "three-packs?" So this means that 300 of those records go to 100 people. If the other 200 records go to 200 individuals, then a total of 300 get this record.

Then there is the stupid expensive "test press" that will probably be purchased by someone who bought the three-pack.

If this was about the music, there would be no "three packs." Instead, you would try to get as many different people as possible to buy this. Instead, at least 200 of these are being made to sit on someone's shelf and not be played.

You are making Beanie Babies, not records.

how so?

First off, if it is about the music you should have spoken to the band.

Second, you pressed 500 of these, right? And there are 100 "three-packs?" So this means that 300 of those records go to 100 people. If the other 200 records go to 200 individuals, then a total of 300 get this record.

Then there is the stupid expensive "test press" that will probably be purchased by someone who bought the three-pack.

If this was about the music, there would be no "three packs." Instead, you would try to get as many different people as possible to buy this. Instead, at least 200 of these are being made to sit on someone's shelf and not be played.

You are making Beanie Babies, not records.

As I have cleared up time and time again, I attempted to(5 times via their manager, singer, guitarist and current label) and then did speak to both the band and management about this various times and their issue is with drive thru records, not myself and just got caught in the middle. Secondly, people who arent "collecting" and only want the music asked for this on 180 gram black which is being sold by itself in my store and to date has sold way way less than any of the other colors including the 3 packs. Over triple the amount of people bought a 3 pack compared to plain black. And yea most people who bought the test press also bought the 3 pack, and to be honest that was the point. Again if you dont like the test pressing aspect then dont buy it. There are still solo editions left of this record so the fact that only 100 only people are buying 300 records out of a pressing of 500 is your argument then due to the fact the solo black and white versions are still available kinda defeats that in my opinion. I assumed the collectors would be the ones who wanted the radioactive split anyway since based on various other threads on here people always say plain black 180 gram are for the true audiophiles.

If the "three-packs" are selling and the individual copies aren't, then you are pressing collector's items, and not records for people who like music.

Why not just own it?

Whats wrong with pressing records nowadays for a piece of keepsake. having that nostalgic piece (artwork/packaging) in front of you as well as the music. Can't you have both. It not 1940s and were not pressing records out of necessity, it is a collectors game as well as a audiophiles game.

As I have cleared up time and time again, I attempted to(5 times via their manager, singer, guitarist and current label) and then did speak to both the band and management about this various times and their issue is with drive thru records, not myself and just got caught in the middle.

And was the result of those conversations that the band wanted you to press their record?

If the "three-packs" are selling and the individual copies aren't, then you are pressing collector's items, and not records for people who like music.

Why not just own it?

Whats wrong with pressing records nowadays for a piece of keepsake. having that nostalgic piece (artwork/packaging) in front of you as well as the music. Can't you have both. It not 1940s and were not pressing records out of necessity, it is a collectors game as well as a audiophiles game.

completely agree with this fellow, I personally like to own records that I love not only for the music and being able to listen to it in high quality audio but also as a keepsake and a marker of my musical interest for the time period. Its a personal choice and opinion but thats just a large of a reason why I buy records along with the aspect of being able to listen to them.

Also I said the black version sold less than the 3 pack, while the solo white only have about 10 left. Literally it has been over 6 times the amount of solo white sold than solo black for whatever reason.