RX Bandits Test Press Photos + VC Discount

I signed a band over a year ago named Harvard who are fantastic and touring the country but the reality is that people dont buy music, their album actually leaked as circa survives new album before its release which led to over 200k free downloads of the album which helped a ton with gaining fans and exposure but not putting any money into my pocket which i have spent a small fortune pushing this band which included a debut album produced by Brian Mcternan(thrice,circa survive,hot water music,movielife). Its tough out there now a days and im just trying to make enough money to stay afloat an pursue my passion which is music and putting out quality releases be it original material or re-issues.

This is what I was going to post. Why isn't everyone talking about how hilarious it is that this band leaked their album as a circa survive album?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that he thinks it's respectable AT ALL to sell a record that he's putting out, that isn't even out, for $75, say that it's going to be worth more later, and then say it's "out of print" while trying to trade more; or the fact that people in here have the "whatever man, let him do what he wants" attitude.

I understand the kids not punk, and he clearly doesn't "get it", but that doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to understand why this is wrong. Sure, you can just ignore it, but if there is a thread about it and the dude is coming off like a tool, why not rip on him?

pressing your very first record as a double 180 gram LP in a double gatefold, through Pirates Press, and paying licencing fees is not the brightest move either. If he didn't foresee the probability that he would lose money on that then something is wrong.

Whoever buys a 75 dollar variant of this record is either rich, insane, or feels sorry for this dude.

If he presses another record on his pop/ska re-issue label, I would be very suprised.

He probably could have bought a car with the money it took to press this. Unless people actually bought the 75 dollar mass produced test presses.

This whole thread is weird, and boggles the mind. Could be used as a study of how the human psyche works.

pressing your very first record as a double 180 gram LP in a double gatefold, through Pirates Press, and paying licencing fees is not the brightest move either. If he didn't foresee the probability that he would lose money on that then something is wrong.

Whoever buys a 75 dollar variant of this record is either rich, insane, or feels sorry for this dude.

If he presses another record on his pop/ska re-issue label, I would be very suprised.

He probably could have bought a car with the money it took to press this. Unless people actually bought the 75 dollar mass produced test presses.

This whole thread is weird, and boggles the mind. Could be used as a study of how the human psyche works.

[image]

Aside from however people feel about how ETR got the records pressed or whatever... Don't labels like No Idea and Anchorless sell test pressings for $50 to $100 each? Not meant as a slight to either label, they are both incredible labels that I love. But selling test pressings directly in the store isn't exactly something new. So what if ETR is doing it? Nobody is forcing anybody to buy or trade for them.