RX Bandits Test Press Photos + VC Discount

it seems like you were still caught in a flat out and blatant lie

how so? What did i lie about? I took down 2 from the store and put them up on ebay instead cause alot of international people have been buying the juliana theory test preses from me there and not everyone knows about this message board or that these are even in existence and available period.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems like you were still caught in a flat out and blatant lie

how so? What did i lie about? I took down 2 from the store and put them up on ebay instead cause alot of international people have been buying the juliana theory test preses from me there and not everyone knows about this message board or that these are even in existence and available period.

You should have put them up for more money....just sayin'.

you said they were all sold out and yet you post some on ebay. how can they be sold out if youre still selling some.

I was selling 8 to the public, took down 2 from my webstore and put them as buy it nows or best off on ebay...what did i lie about? Sorry i didnt inform you when they were taken down and put up on ebay, wtf...do you people have nothing better to do then criticize and bitch?

Guest markovianprocess
you said they were all sold out and yet you post some on ebay. how can they be sold out if youre still selling some.

I was selling 8 to the public, took down 2 from my webstore and put them as buy it nows or best off on ebay...what did i lie about? Sorry i didnt inform you when they were taken down and put up on ebay, wtf...do you people have nothing better to do then criticize and bitch?

If I was you, I'd stop responding to these types of messages on a forum. If you haven't lied or feel bad about anything (and I'm not saying for a second that you have), then you shouldn't feel the need to respond to any critical messages.

Just remember that every time you post, what you are doing is bumping what is turning into your own personal hate thread.

All of the test presses that were being sold to the public have officially sold out...I will be accepting trades on the rest of them if anyone is interested. I am looking for

Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American

The Format- Dog Problems

Red Hot chli peppers- one hot minute

John Mayer- Heavier things

Guns n Roses- Appetite for destruction(original rape cover)

Movielife- Jamestown 7in(orange with questions(old 97s cover on bside)

You do realize im attempting to sell these so I make enough money back in order to get the starting line ep's pressing into production. Im struggling for money and the fact that the bandits boycott the release months after it was already into production after they decided to ignore my emails opposed to saying "we arent cool with you doing this". Im in a shitty situation and people just hating isnt really helping. If you dont think the test presses are worth the price then simply dont buy it, other have and will continue to and it shouldnt bother nor effect you personally at all. Im trying to put out quality releases for those who are interested in the music im licensing. Its not that easy running a label especially when your dealing with drive thru records. And for those who have asked or care, both the starting line and early november know about their respective releases and both have had members get involved with color schemes of the records along with writing up some "look back liner notes" which will be screen printed and available with the collector 2 pack edition of the ep's.

As far as those who are bitching that they dont like labels gearing themselves towards re-issues and vinyl specifically. I signed a band over a year ago named Harvard who are fantastic and touring the country but the reality if that people dont buy music, their album actually leaked as circa survives new album before its release which led to over 200k free download sof the album which helped a ton with gaining fans and exposure but not putting any money into my pocket which i have spent a small fortune pushing this band which included a debut album produced by Brian Mcternan(thrice,circa survive,hot water music,movielife). Its tough out there now a days and im just trying to make enough money to stay afloat an pursue my passion which is music and putting out quality releases be it original material of re-issues.

Oh well when you put it that way... BURN HIM! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

...but seriously who gives a fuck if he sells them to keep putting out records? I for one do not, while I'm not a fan of any of the Drive Thru releases he's put out so far I'm sure one will be coming that I'll snag so whatever.

This thread should be locked. There is nothing new to add one way or another. Some self-rightous 15 year old is going to keep calling this dude a liar or loser or whatever until he says "you're right." Quit pounding on him, it isn't happening. Buy it, boycott it, whatever but get off your high horses and quit bitching about it.

This thread should be locked. There is nothing new to add one way or another. Some self-rightous 15 year old is going to keep calling this dude a liar or loser or whatever until he says "you're right." Quit pounding on him, it isn't happening. Buy it, boycott it, whatever but get off your high horses and quit bitching about it.

Booyah!

I started this thread to show the sleeves I've screenprinted for him & to spread the word about a discount code - not sure why people had to turn it into a fucking hate thread. He doesn't have an obligation to even offer a test press to the public - he could have pressed these without even hearing a test press and saved the money (it normally costs around $100 extra from Pirates, mainly to cover overnight shipping costs). It's not like he's selling the remaining White copies for $50 because there are only a few left - he's just selling something that is rare & has handmade jackets for a price he feels is necessary to help him break even with this release...

Why would anyone press a record without hearing a test press first? That's fucking insane.

you would be suprised. Drive thru for their original releases supposedly did so and kanye's new album supposedly was done in a rush and was mass produced all fucked up cause no one listened to approve

It's not surprising. I am just saying. Anyone that isn't fucking retarded would listen to a test press before pressing hundreds/thousands of records. It's not even that much money to get test pressings.

That was my point - it's not like he was pulling bullshit on the other side of the spectrum by not even getting test presses - instead he got 45rpm cut 180gram vinyl w/ tests & went out of his way to pay someone to screenprint by hand the jackets of the test presses. So people should lay off him for fucks sake

Why would anyone press a record without hearing a test press first? That's fucking insane.

you would be suprised. Drive thru for their original releases supposedly did so and kanye's new album supposedly was done in a rush and was mass produced all fucked up cause no one listened to approve

What the fuck do you need 24 tests for other than to sell them?

Wah Wah Wah...

buy my shitty RX BANDITS test presses so I can press even worse STARTING LINE records.

WAH WAH WAH

Drive Thru Records is sooooo hard to deal with and the world needs 1000s of "collector pack-ed" nu-emo bullshit.

WAH WAH WAH

no one buys my "Harvard" records.

WAH WAH WAH

http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/692430ba-e327-40e1-a86d-70513827d76a/output.gif

I signed a band over a year ago named Harvard who are fantastic and touring the country but the reality is that people dont buy music, their album actually leaked as circa survives new album before its release which led to over 200k free downloads of the album which helped a ton with gaining fans and exposure but not putting any money into my pocket which i have spent a small fortune pushing this band which included a debut album produced by Brian Mcternan(thrice,circa survive,hot water music,movielife). Its tough out there now a days and im just trying to make enough money to stay afloat an pursue my passion which is music and putting out quality releases be it original material or re-issues.

Can we get an explanation on this first? I'm going to go with my gut and guess that Harvard intentionally mislabeled their record "Sky Blue Noise" and put it on mediafire a few weeks before the Circa Survive album came out. As a result they gained a ton of exposure but now you are looking for sympathy because you can't sell any downloads.

i dont like this band.

i dont like this label.

i dont like drive thru.

i dont like any other drive thru release.

i dont release records.

that said - this is, in my opinion, what happen when you have new jacks releasing records. test presses shouldnt be and were never intended to be this easy to obtain. ive seen the ease in which many "new" labels promoting releases on this board have made test presses specifically to make them available for purchase and its pathetic and embarrassing. they're not entirely to blame through. i get it. its hard not to pander it to the dorks sitting around here with their wallets open waiting for so-and-so label to put up their test press copies w/ screened covers in their webstore for a premium price. seriously though - where's the thrill of the hunt?