Crock Pot Recipes

Okay, here's a recipe I came up with last month. It's pretty much my favorite food now. Sorry the pics are so crappy.

1. So get one of those $8 top round roasts from the store and throw it in the crock pot along with 2.5 cups of water and a packet of McCormick Beef Au Jus seasoning.

2. Cook for 6-7 hours until it is falling apart.

3. When it's ready remove the beef and trim the fat. There should only be 2-3 big chunks of fat to take out. While you have the meat out shred it. It should already be falling apart so this won't take much effort. I use a fork.

4. Add 2 jars of mushrooms and a large bag of extra wide noodles. Keep cooking it on low for 20 minutes until the noodles are cooked. You should have something like this.

[image]

Now this is pretty much an average, if bland, dinner. Noodles beef and mushrooms are okay. But here is where we take it to the next level.

5. In a saucepan, start heating up 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Season with some salt and a generous amount of pepper (preferably white but it doesn't matter.)

6. When the cream starts to bubble, add a container of crumbled bleu cheese. Stir untli it's melted.

[image]

7. So you've basically made a bleu-cheese-alfredo-sauce thingy. This brings it all together. Add the sauce to your pot of noodles and beef and stir.

[image]

Fuck me sideways if this ever delicious. Beef, mushrooms, bleu cheese, seasoning, beef gravy. It's the fucking nuts.

Enjoy.

[image]

I'm eventually gonna tool around this recipe to perfect it. I think carmelized onions would be a perfect marriage but I don't actually know how to get that great camrmelization.

Anyway I call this dish Bleulash cause I don't know. I know it's more like Stroganof than Goulash but I like the way it sounds.

grandma's baked beans:

1 pound bag of dry old navy/great northern beans

soak in a 4 cups of water over night

pull out any floaters/gross looking beans

8am turn on low - crockpot for 8 hours

with:

1 tbsp of dry mustard or a couple squirts of regular mustard

3-4 small onions(peel and throw in whole they'll break up)

1/4 pound of salt pork(do not go overboard or beans will be TOO salty)

1/3 cup of molasses

1/4 cup of brown sugar

stir once an hour...eat for dinner:)

note: water is completely up to you. if you like soupy beans fill crock pot with water. if you like them thick then less water.

protip- instead of salt pork put in a package of hamhocks. they NEED to cook for the full 8 hours but once done they fall right off the bone...so good! pig ankles!

let's get crazy - if you dont' have any molasses you can also substitute with bbq sauce/other suger. while cooking during the morning you can always throw in a other random steak sauces, pepper, beer as you desire...