I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Buisness Help!!

I stumbled upon this today, and while it is not exactly vinyl related, I wanted to post this here because this is the part of the board people seem to be on the most. While I'm sure not everyone on here is an Ace Enders fan, or an Early November fan for that matter, we are all music fans, and I believe that Ace is onto something that could help change the music industry for the better. Please check out his idea, and help support a great cause for something that we all care about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/418028119/i-can-make-a-mess-the-mess-we-make

I believe that Ace is onto something that could help change the music industry for the better.

he is on to something? there is nothing new to his plan. he is just taking donations to release music and has interns doing majority of the actual work. he owns his own studio so he basically wants 10 grand to get CDs made and maybe a couple hundred stickers, flyers or posters. the idea of a street team and grass roots promotion is nothing new. nothing about his plan is original let alone ground breaking. the rewards and price points for them are ridiculously high too.

no one has pledged over $50 for this, and for that $50 you get a poster, a digital download (not an actual CD) and a couple of songs delivered via email every month. hell, to even get the actual CD it will cost you at least $25.

I believe that Ace is onto something that could help change the music industry for the better.

he is on to something? there is nothing new to his plan. he is just taking donations to release music and has interns doing majority of the actual work. he owns his own studio so he basically wants 10 grand to get CDs made and maybe a couple hundred stickers, flyers or posters. the idea of a street team and grass roots promotion is nothing new. nothing about his plan is original let alone ground breaking. the rewards and price points for them are ridiculously high too.

no one has pledged over $50 for this, and for that $50 you get a poster, a digital download (not an actual CD) and a couple of songs delivered via email every month. hell, to even get the actual CD it will cost you at least $25.

I hate to bash on him, because I will admit I'm a huge fan of his and have been since I was a teenager...but yea he's not doing anything groundbreaking here. The backround uplifting sounding music of his is what makes you think so haha. It really masks the general plan well.

While I don't think it's groundbreaking/anything special/even a good idea....I DO think he's genuine. He always has seemed so.

from what i have heard he was actually going to quit music entirely until fans started raising money for him and his family without him asking so then he decided to try and create a bit of a community and help people out through the intern thing.

as said above he is a pretty genuine guy and his wife is lovely

I hate to bash on him, because I will admit I'm a huge fan of his and have been since I was a teenager...but yea he's not doing anything groundbreaking here. The backround uplifting sounding music of his is what makes you think so haha. It really masks the general plan well.

While I don't think it's groundbreaking/anything special/even a good idea....I DO think he's genuine. He always has seemed so.

Agreeing with this. Ace is a hardworking, genuine dude. And I've been a diligent, supportive fan of his for years. Hell, I threw $100 at this. But they can only grasp at straws and ask for handouts from fans so many times before the start moving on. The guy has a family to support and if he needs to put his music on the back burner, then he needs to man up and do it. The whole fans making (terrible) t-shirts and wristbands thing was sweet, but entirely misguided. Had any of them put that amount of work/dedication into actual helpful promotion, maybe Ace could see some more sales or tickets to his shows being sold. Instead they set up webstores to sell merchandise to people who were ALREADY fans. it's frustrating to see misguided and ultimately fruitless efforts go on and be praised. No one's going to decide to listen to his music because some kid is wearing a wristband with his name on it.

If he was this popular as a musician and all of his fans wanted him to keep making music so badly they would just buy his self-released albums and go to his shows....for some reason they dont do either.

I honestly dont know what he thinks hes working towards. No you can't just have my money. Swallow your ego and get a job in between tours like every other musician of your size out there.

And if you really want to make money in this business follow the money making formula...REUNION SHOWS MAKE MONEY...get The Early November on the road for a couple months and release some limited vinyl and make shirts and all that good shit.

Well looks like overnight some major things have happen with this and 4 people have pledge at least $500, and 1 at the $300 level. While I think this is a high price but here is something on the page:

***We're including physical copies of the CD for all pledges over $25!! Sorry this wasn't noted in the reward descriptions!*** So if you did the silkscreen poster, you would get a cd as well as digital down and the songs every month thing.

although i love ace and his music i don't think it's really going to make it, much as i'd like it to

Something tells me this is going to happen, I can't believe overnight its jumped up so much but its already up to $7500. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go for the $10 level or just wait until its out.

If he was this popular as a musician and all of his fans wanted him to keep making music so badly they would just buy his self-released albums and go to his shows....for some reason they dont do either.

I honestly dont know what he thinks hes working towards. No you can't just have my money. Swallow your ego and get a job in between tours like every other musician of your size out there.

And if you really want to make money in this business follow the money making formula...REUNION SHOWS MAKE MONEY...get The Early November on the road for a couple months and release some limited vinyl and make shirts and all that good shit.

You're forgetting that the other 4 members of the band all have different lives now. Most are working day jobs, 9-5s, doing what they can to live and move forward. Joe tours with Hellogoodbye. Doing a reunion show isn't as easy as hopping in the van and going.