Gatsbys American Dream Vinyl Pre-orders

overdue

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here, but I've been following the board for a while without becoming a member. I started pre-orders about a month ago via Kickstarter for the first two Gatsbys American Dream records on vinyl: Why We Fight and Ribbons and Sugar. 100% of the profits are going to a charity that Gatsbys has chosen, which is Water.org. Each record will have 3 colorways each (including an exclusive subscriber color), and will be on 180 gram, color vinyl with gatefold jackets.

We've reached our goal, but the more we sell, the more we can donate to the band's chosen charity. I've also set a goal if we hit the $10K milestone: a full video set from Gatsbys 2003 record release show for Ribbons and Sugar they play the whole album (minus "The Horse You Rode In On") front to back.

I have also lined up the rights to release their EP "In the Land Of Lost Monsters", but I haven't started pre-orders for that just yet. If you pledge, you will also get updates about this new record.

If you are a completest, like myself, you'll want every color. That is why we are offering a 10 record subscription, which includes a subscriber exclusive color. For more details, please check out the Kickstarter. If there is any questions you guys have that isn't answered by the kickstarter, I'll keep an eye on the post to make sure I can help.

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/overduecollection/press-gatsbys-american-dream-on-vinyl

Thanks so much for checking it out!

As far as when this ships, I'm working really hard on getting everything ready as much as possible before hand. Once I receive the Kickstarter funds from the website, it shouldn't be more than 7-8 weeks. I will keep people updated on the process as much as possible.

Other than the Kickstarter updates, I post on tumblr (overduecollection.tumblr.com) and twitter (overduecollect).

I've funded the mastering, and I'm sending that off for lacquer mastering soon. I'm finishing up the jackets sometime this week or next. Finishing up the booklet last, because I'm conducting an interview with the band, and we're still trying to figure out schedules.

It's a lot of work, but I'm really excited about the final product. It's going to be a really great set of records, and I sincerely appreciate the support. Thanks so much, thewmatic!

I'm still working on that prospect, and I will announce any updates on that asap. (Hint: They will probably be from the same state. That's a vague hint though.)

But if you choose to subscribe, 9 of the 10 LP's will be Gatsbys variants. Very cool stuff. I'm trying to make sure the next artist we work with would fit with that kind of collection.

I think it's awesome that Overdue is a non-profit label, nothing better than buying vinyl AND feeling like you're doing something nice for other people!

Thanks! That's what I was thinking too. Helps me feel less selfish about collecting records knowing they're going to a good cause.

As far as other bands, nothing is set in stone just yet. I'd love to do Volcano and the Self-Titled as well for Gatsbys, but Fearless doesn't seem very receptive. Either way, I need to focus on finishing up these first three records.

I have a question that may have been asked but I might have missed it. From what I gather, the only way to get the rarest variant (Out of 200) is to buy a subscription, is that right? If so, you are obviously not going to sell 200 of them through Kickstarter, so are they going to be for sale individually after the Kickstarter is over?

I have a question that may have been asked but I might have missed it. From what I gather, the only way to get the rarest variant (Out of 200) is to buy a subscription, is that right? If so, you are obviously not going to sell 200 of them through Kickstarter, so are they going to be for sale individually after the Kickstarter is over?

Respectfully, no. And here is why: I have sold 13 subscriptions (12 shown on the kickstarter, and then someone who pledged a bit more to get a test press along with their subscription)

Those 13 people have been generous enough to pledge $160 for 10 records (which is a great deal for the quality). I'm don't plan on throwing those supporters under the bus by letting those go without a subscription. They will stay exclusive, even if they sell slowly or if I have to sell them as pre-bundled subscriptions. Their money is going to the artist charity 10 times over, which I will pay out of my own pocket if I have to. That's a pretty rad thing for someone to do, even if they are getting something in return. I plan on respecting those pledgers.