SXSW 2011

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've literally never even heard OF them...

if it's crappy top 40 music, I've probably been forced to listen to it at work....but I pretty much make really loud and annoying scatting sounds to whatever crap is getting pushed out of those speakers while I'm there...so I'd probably have the misfortune of going "Oooooh, that song" if I was forced to hear it.....but I don't feel like looking it up, just so I can have the misfortune of that unbelievable crappy moment.

i actually have a friend who has got to be their #1 fan. it is ridiculous how much she posts about them on facebook and twitter. for a band that sucks SO bad they have got some loyal fans.

they're the Nickelback of brooding radio alt rock.

...isn't Nickelback the Nickelback of brooding radio alt rock???

metallica and third eye blind were at stubbs.. that was a club. auditoreum shores is open seating and huge as fuck.. it's open to the public and free. thing is the size of 5 Stubbs. maybe 7. so you shouldn't have a problem finding a good spot to sit and watch the show.

my bad. my memories of sxsw are usually cloudy as fuck, and just now realized where/what the auditoreum shores is. that being said, i still don't want to wait in that huge ass line. i think explosions in the sky played there in 09 and lucero/she and him played there last year?

metallica and third eye blind were at stubbs.. that was a club. auditoreum shores is open seating and huge as fuck.. it's open to the public and free. thing is the size of 5 Stubbs. maybe 7. so you shouldn't have a problem finding a good spot to sit and watch the show.

my bad. my memories of sxsw are usually cloudy as fuck, and just now realized where/what the auditoreum shores is. that being said, i still don't want to wait in that huge ass line. i think explosions in the sky played there in 09 and lucero/she and him played there last year?

true story...i bitched out and went back to Houston that day last year with Lucer/She&Him played....twas cold and shitty out

true story...i bitched out and went back to Houston that day last year with Lucer/She&Him played....twas cold and shitty out

so fucking cold. had i not been super wasted, i would have been a MUCH bigger bitch about the whole situation and just stayed home.

here's what I'm looking at so far:

Thursday:

10 OFF! (Club deVille)

12:10 Slim Cessna (Red 7)

Friday

SL Showcase (day)

9b Showcase (day) Double Down Lounge

2 Glossary

3 Kasey Anderson and the Honkies

8 Benson Interruption comedy showcase

Mylene Sheathcase (Valhalla)

Saturday

MWTX (day)

9b Showcase (day) Revolution Bar

12 Kasey Anderson

1 Two Cow Garage

2 Glossary

9 Joan of Arc (Parish)

11 Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band (St. David's Sanctuary)

12 Drag the River (Barbarella)

1a TWDY (512)

Thursday March 17

10:00 PM

Sasquatch Barbarella

Worm Ouroboros Barbarella Patio

11:45 PM

Agalloch Barbarella Patio

1:00 AM

Dixie Witch Barbarella

YOB Barbarella Patio

Friday March 18

12-6 Southern Lord Showcase

4:30 PM

Last Days Here Screening Vimeo Theater

7:00 PM

The Atlas Moth Showcase Dirty Dog Bar

7:35 PM

HOWL Dirty Dog Bar

8:10 PM

Red Fang Dirty Dog Bar

8:55 PM

Weedeater Dirty Dog Bar

9:40 PM

Kylesa Dirty Dog Bar

10:35 PM

Crowbar Dirty Dog Bar

11:30 PM

Helmet Dirty Dog Bar

12:35 AM

Saint Vitus Dirty Dog Bar

Saturday March 19

8:00 PM

Cough Scoot Inn

9:00 PM

Primitive Weapons Scoot Inn

10:00 PM

Ancient VVisdom Scoot Inn

11:00 PM

Naam Scoot Inn

12:00 AM

Eyehategod Scoot Inn

1:00 AM

Pentagram Scoot Inn

about to spend a decent chunk of today on ShowListAustin and try and pen and paper out a schedule for myself...which I'm sure I won't stick to at all...super super super stoked on Tomorrow's TopShelfRecords/CountYourLuckyStars showcase at Plush...Grown Ups, Into It Over It, and Defeater among others, such a tiny venue, so much rock n roll. Looking foward to geeking out at the TapeOp day party as well...