SXSW 2011

about to spend a decent chunk of today on ShowListAustin and try and pen and paper out a schedule for myself...which I'm sure I won't stick to at all...super super super stoked on Tomorrow's TopShelfRecords/CountYourLuckyStars showcase at Plush...Grown Ups, Into It Over It, and Defeater among others, such a tiny venue, so much rock n roll. Looking foward to geeking out at the TapeOp day party as well...

i just took screen caps. fuck a whole lot of writing all that down.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about to spend a decent chunk of today on ShowListAustin and try and pen and paper out a schedule for myself...which I'm sure I won't stick to at all...super super super stoked on Tomorrow's TopShelfRecords/CountYourLuckyStars showcase at Plush...Grown Ups, Into It Over It, and Defeater among others, such a tiny venue, so much rock n roll. Looking foward to geeking out at the TapeOp day party as well...

i just took screen caps. fuck a whole lot of writing all that down.

yeah, I don't have that option, don't own a laptop or a smart phone....so it's pen and paper for me...and attempt to write as legible as possible so I can read it after I get good and boozed up.

checked my e-mail too late in the day....apparently at 3rd and congress at 5p.m. a band called "Mr. Heavenly" played on some solar powered stage....this band "Mr. Heavenly" consisted of the lead singer of Man Man, lead singer of Islands (and Unicorns), drummer from Modest Mouse, and Michael Cera....also had free tacos and free beer....bummerz on missing that, sounds like a blast

so Top Shelf Records is doing a pre-Show Case tonight at Mellow Mushroom on the Drag...and Bob Nanna is headlining...it's also free...I might hit that up tonight, or the Glossary show, or that Kylesa show...soo many choices

YOU SHOULD HAVE WENT TO KYLESA!!! whole show was excellent.

Call me tomorrow asshat!!! Let's Hug It Out Bitch!!1

Sad news from my buddy at SXSW this year. Spencer from Trash Talk got jumped in LA before they left so isn't playing with them, he got stabbed in the ribs and arm but survived and recovering, apparently it was racially motivated which is even more shitty. Hope some of you guys catch them over the week, always an awesome show!

Sad news from my buddy at SXSW this year. Spencer from Trash Talk got jumped in LA before they left so isn't playing with them, he got stabbed in the ribs and arm but survived and recovering, apparently it was racially motivated which is even more shitty. Hope some of you guys catch them over the week, always an awesome show!

fuck, really?? that blows. such a rad dude too.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':9ooyrfmh]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':9ooyrfmh]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

so i was sitting on 6th and navasota waiting for my buddy to show up so we could go to the Pentagram/Eyehategod show, and this group of 3 oddly dressed japanese dudes walk up to me and yell at me in somewhat broken english. "SUPER HARDCORE BRUTAL DEATH NOISE, 666 MOTHERFUCKER!" and hand me a card for their band and walk off.

weird shit happens to me when i wear the doom vest.

{

document.write('+':t6nbs333]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':t6nbs333]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

}

ProBoards Free Forums

how did i not see those signs?

it's not hard to miss them, they were around waterloo records area. i only saw one. not all 4. though that shit is pretty inventive. i would have taken one after if i could have.

I only remember one of those too...then again I was pretty much wandering around in a haze for 3 days straight. I don't remember much, in all honesty. I love Austin.

so there was a riot at the death from above 1979 show?

more like a hipster meetup that should have resulted in everyone, scott and a handful of others excluded, being tazed and pepper sprayed for the sake of humor. i'm sure one of those douchebag hipsters there was the 80pnd dude with the v-neck and girl pants who walked up to me and said "dude, i just played at emos" while caressing his chest oh so gently.

also, scott, thanks for the dag burger. it was delicious. next time i'll pay for dinner.

all i can say, with the stupid so called riot, the trampling of people at the strokes concert, and the ben weasel thing, sxsw is going to scale back next year, not have free public shows, and possibly make everything badge and wristband only, so the dumbfucks from out of town that ruin everything can stay home. and every other fuck from town who can't control themselves can do the same. I'm personally all for it.

{

document.write('+':oyglervh]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':oyglervh]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{