WARNING: Don't deal w/ Poly-Cut.com

I have an order being cut right now with Corporate Records: http://www.corporaterecords.biz

Very nice to work with thus far. I was told that my stuff would be done in six weeks, but was then notified of some equipment issues. Supposedly my stuff is being cut next week, so I'll post back here when everything is here.

Appaerently he has been ill and is recovering, this was reported on the lathe-trolls forum, I have had no personal contact from tommie since I posted on here, no refund, no lathe-cuts recieved, its really just very bad indeed.
I emailed him about a project a few weeks back and he was very upfront saying he had some equipment issues, etc. and that I'd be looking at a 4 month turn time.

Same shit different day, just another EXCUSE to mask the fact that he's a shitty businessman!

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I got some cuts made at Corporate Records, the quality is first class, both audio and disc, recommended. I have also used pickled plastic, the discs are cut from picnic plates, lo-fi sound but nice novelty items only!

As for Polycut, I expect that his discs are also quality, but since I still havent heard back from Tommie I guess I will never know. Theyre fawning over the man at the lathe trolls forum, personally I cant see why.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the update, if you paid Polycut by credit card get a refund from your bank, If you paid by credit card or debit card through paypal get a refund through your bank or paypal, if you paid from funds in your paypal account over 45 days ago, you will not get a refund through paypal, and you have lost your money.

I said it before Tommie Emmi is a crook, his illness is too well timed considering everybody has realised that he has ripped them off.

in the UK we have trading standards who can shut down businesses like Polycut, perhaps you have something similar in the US, this is fraud afterall, maybe the IRS would be interested, they need that tax?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,i just made an acount so i can say the folowing.

I was expetcing 26x7inch from polycut,and as all the stories go he disapeared.

He informed me he had health problems and then cut all comunications.

He can NOT be trusted.

I have missed my deadline,i lost my money and i just keep sending him emails.

Its hard when you work and pay for something that you will never get,Im not afluent and the money i gave him were hard worked money.He is completely disrespectfull,no contact no nothing,

and when we had contact it was all excuses and excuses.For me it was worst than throwing my money away,all this anxiety and waiting,and trying to communicate again and again,mind blowing.Im situated in Greece,if i was in the usa i would pay him a visit,i will take legall action against him if he doeshnt compensate me,and this is something i will pursue to the end.

thats all

DO NOT TRUST HIM

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM

DO NOT ADVERTISE HIM.

PASS THE MESAGE ON SO OTHER FELLOWS KNOW

Here's the update, if you paid Polycut by credit card get a refund from your bank, If you paid by credit card or debit card through paypal get a refund through your bank or paypal, if you paid from funds in your paypal account over 45 days ago, you will not get a refund through paypal, and you have lost your money.

I said it before Tommie Emmi is a crook, his illness is too well timed considering everybody has realised that he has ripped them off.

in the UK we have trading standards who can shut down businesses like Polycut, perhaps you have something similar in the US, this is fraud afterall, maybe the IRS would be interested, they need that tax?

No, in the US the Government will reward this dude with a tax break and an apology for not giving it to him sooner.

Just thought I better sign up to say I paid for some records back in May and the last time I heard from him was back at the start of August, reading this thread is the final realisation I probably won't get anywhere and have lost out on $230 of hard earned money, as well as refunding all the people who have preordered the records

Got his facebook profile so don't know whether to give him one last message there?

Just thought I better sign up to say I paid for some records back in May and the last time I heard from him was back at the start of August, reading this thread is the final realisation I probably won't get anywhere and have lost out on $230 of hard earned money, as well as refunding all the people who have preordered the records

Got his facebook profile so don't know whether to give him one last message there?

yo,

I've dealt with Tommie on 3 different occassions and placed 3 orders, all arrived on time and the sound quality was always pretty good. The last order was in February 2011, since then I reccommended him to several friends.

The last release I did with him, he also wanted to put it out on his own label, Fear Of Music, so the band (Damerels) and I agreed to let him put it out as long as we got copies. Those have never arrived (he released his version in April this year) so that pissed me off. If you put a record out make sure you send some copies to the band, first rule!

Some of my friends/other labels who I reccomend use Tommie started to get in touch saying they hadnt recieved records etc etc to the situation we have now. Basically I think he got too busy and couldnt handle all the orders coming in, got stressed out, went to hospital and now has no money to either refund people or buy the blanks for the orders. Sad state of affairs but if he had been upfront and explained the situation then maybe people could understand, but the fact he still took peoples money tells me he should no longer be trusted.

I would resent having to pay to call internationally just to get some more BS excuses, I deal with that all day everyday at work. theres got to be someone stateside or even in Omaha who has called Polycut or even knocked on his door. My guess is that Tommie wont be resurfacing at all, but its a whole load of whatever really. last moan, im outta here.

For all of those who have been burned by this guy you can always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau by going to this link

http://www.bbb.org/nebraska/business-reviews/recording-service-sound-and-video/poly-cut-in-omaha-ne-300063049

maybe you can get some resolution that way, if not, it'll at least drop his BBB rating if he doesn't resolve the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Placed my order in mid September and paid up. Once I paid, I stopped hearing from him at all. I've tried to e-mail him a few times just to see how things are looking as far as time goes and to just keep an open line of communication, but he won't reply to anything.

Apparently he has a twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/plan9cymbalism

I understand being backed up or sick, whatever really. I'm not even in a huge hurry for my order, but I would like Tom to at least reply to my e-mails or call. That's not too much to ask for.