Urban Outfitters Clearance (and Stealing Stuff)

New titles found in clearance section:

Ryan Adams - Gold

Bill Callahan - Apocalypse

Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes

Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Pixies - Surfer Rosa

Thurston Moore - Demolished Thoughts (Limited clear vinyl)

Toro y Moi - Underneath the Pine

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

The White Stripes - White Blood Cells

all 9.90

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the modest mouse was definitely clearanced, but it was a couple months ago. could check the closest locations to you and ask them to check their stock, there's usually someone who knows what I'm asking about when I call for stock checks haha. ::surprised face::

also pick up white stripes white blood cells if they've got it. can't believe it was 9.90.

As of 2003, Urban Outfitters had donated over $13,000 to Rick Santorum's political campaigns.

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/cover-story/clothes_make_the_man-38368134.html#ixzz1V7rd5nc4

So keep in mind that a small fraction of the money you're spending at Urban Outfitters is going toward this: http://www.ontheissues.org/Rick_Santorum.htm

Maybe everyone who is unhappy about high prices because of the "evil corporations" could just go and buy some quality records directly from an indie label or two - perhaps we could all do a part in helping good things survive and support ideals that we can stand behind rather than perpetuating the problem and bitching about it.

For crying out loud, these Blink represses sell out repeatedly with a price tag that makes my soul hurt, while the new City Of Ships still hasn't sold out...and it's a 210g LP for $12!

Maybe everyone who is unhappy about high prices because of the "evil corporations" could just go and buy some quality records directly from an indie label or two - perhaps we could all do a part in helping good things survive and support ideals that we can stand behind rather than perpetuating the problem and bitching about it.

For crying out loud, these Blink represses sell out repeatedly with a price tag that makes my soul hurt, while the new City Of Ships still hasn't sold out...and it's a 210g LP for $12!

...who?

Mightier Than Sword may be a lot of things, but an evil corporation ain't one of them.

Wait, are you saying that Urban Outfitters is...overpriced? That's absurd.

Mightier Than Sword may be a lot of things, but an evil corporation ain't one of them.

I'm not saying that MTS is an evil corporation, but earlier in this thread, someone was bitching about a $19.99 single LP because "it was just absurd" that UO would charge "so much money" - there are indie labels with questionable practices that charge so much more.

I am just struggling to understand how members of this board can say it's okay to STEAL from a company just because it charges $19.99 (when this company - in fact - pays for it's employees to have health care coverage, maternity leave, unemployment benefits, etc.) when it's more than likely that the same people don't hesitate for a single second to drop much more money on a record that in all reality contributes absolutely nothing back into the world.

This is also by no means an attempt to slur at MTS - the Blink records were just the first that popped into my brain while I was sitting here having my mind blown by the dumb shit that people were saying.

...who?

This makes me sad for you. Honestly. Not being a dick. The info about this record has been on the front page of this messageboard for the last couple of months...you should do yourself a favor and seek out some of these great, lesser-known artists.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...