Chicago bars?

There's a state of the art douchey sports bar called State that I went to once a while ago. Sucked.

Cubby Bear is douchebag central as well.

The only "bars" I can recommend are the ones that are also venues as I only go to bars if they are also venues and a band I at least like is playing there. That said:

Empty Bottle

Reggie's Rock Club

The Bottom Lounge

Lincoln Hall

Schubas

probably more I can't think of right now.

I would never set foot in John Barleycorn, douchebag central

Yeah, that was the interesting part, haha. But it was also somewhat fun because we got to make fun of the fist pumps, which were plentiful and lulzy.

I'm guessing this isn't up anyone's alley (no pun intended?), but has anyone been to Jackhammer?

Yeah, that was the interesting part, haha. But it was also somewhat fun because we got to make fun of the fist pumps, which were plentiful and lulzy.

I'm guessing this isn't up anyone's alley (no pun intended?), but has anyone been to Jackhammer?

hiyooooooooo

delilah's is fun, i heard exit is pretty good, Kuma's corner is my favorite restuarant/bar ever. I've gone to a lot of other ones that were all kinda neither here nor there.

i've never been so pissed off at a bar as i was at hungry brain.... i stand there holding my credit card and order 6 beers for my friends, he pours them all and then tells me they only take cash... so i had to run down the street to a friggin atm... and then my friends and i (about 15 people out of the 20 in the bar) get asked to move out to the patio because some shitty sad bastard acoustic act is going on, and we're being too loud. and by being too loud, i mean having a quiet conversation at the back of the bar... not to mention more people came to hang out with me, than to see the musical shitshow going on. honestly fuck that place, i hope they go out of business for their douchebaggery.

the Gingerman, Sovereign, Delilah's, Late Bar, the L&L, the Globe are all great bars to check out.

I have had too much to drink in all those bars. I agree they're great to check out. I kinda like the exit as well.

Hungry brain is okay (sorry you had a bad experience flood!) but i've gotten some great drinks there for little to no cash. Winking helps.