PO: Koji/La Dispute - Never Come Undone

[image]

“Never Come Undone,” the forthcoming split 12” release from Harrisburg, PA singer-songwriter Andew Koji Shiraki and Grand Rapids, MI outfit La Dispute is, above all things, an attempt to transcend musical differences; to show that, where a middle ground exists ethically and emotionally, differences in genre and style are rendered irrelevant, and the greater truth is made apparent. Birthed from a friendship grounded more in similarities in intention and approach than in musical commonality, “Never Come Undone” seeks to highlight those important similarities by exploring a new congruence musically while discussing separately the same topic. Featuring two songs from Koji (one original and one cover) and two songs from La Dispute (one original and one re-imagining of a track from 2008‘s Somewhere…), the record reflects heavily on the two artists’ individual experiences with loss and their reaction to it. Through that, the aforementioned emotional and personal similarities shine through, showing that while contrasts may exist between people on the surface, a common thread binds them. At the same time, and perhaps most poignantly, some differences still exist (and differences always will) but neither the record, nor the friendship that inspired it, suffers. Recorded separately at Drasik Studios in Chicago, IL (Koji) and at StadiumRed in Harlem, NY (La Dispute) “Never Come Undone” shows Koji and La Dispute at the peak of their friendship exploring new personal ground both musically and lyrically and will be released May 3rd on one-sided 12” by No Sleep Records.

This product includes a free digital download! Since this is a pre-order item, the download will not be available until the street date.

http://www.nosleepstore.com/product/549

get on this! both the bands rule! :]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to get all colorways and shirt and shipping is $14.10. Ehh I don't know if I can do it or not. probably will anyway :/

I did this one time, split the order into 2 separate orders. It comes out cheaper I think.

EDIT: nevermind you have to have the album in ur cart to get the shirt. maybe you can ask Chris for a way around this since it is cheaper to ship the records and shirt separate.