Vacation Recap! (Denver)

Fuck yeah I'm back you pissbarrels. Worst poster ever had to get away to clear his head but I'm back to shit all over your shitcannon of a forum.

Went to the Denver area with my fiance to visit her mother. Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit what a place the Denver area is. If you live there you are so fucking lucky and I can't wait to move there in 18 months. Fucking skylines with mountains and snow and shit. We stayed at her mom's house on the side of a fucking mountain.

We went to this place and it was cool as shit.

[image]

It was unreal. I had never seen that many arcade games in one place in all my life. Had all kinds of old shit. It was crazy. I played Street Fighter Alpha 3 and hadn't lost a step rapetunneling the game with Ryu.

This was a little wierd.

[image]

They also had a bunch of those flipbook shows that were for adults. It was ridiculous. This is seriously what the inside of one of the "Adults Only" machines looked like.

[image]

The highlight of the trip for me was the food. I grew up on the East Coast so I'm used to some good shit. Philly cheesesteaks, amish making shit from scratch like sticky buns. My mind was fucking blown out here. I seriously didn't have a bad meal. Here's a list of the top 5 things I ate.

TOP 5 AWESOME THINGS TO EAT IN COLORADO

#5 - Motherfuckin crepes!!! I'd never had a crepe before but they had a bunch of these places called creperies. We got pancake crepes, lemon crepes, salmon crepes, cinnamon crepes, and some thick cut bacon to keep it manly.

#4 - Sushi? You bet your ass. I got my dick knocked in the dirt by the sushi in Colorado. I've even had sushi at Morimoto (the iron chef guy) in Philadelphia. Didn't have shit on Colorado. I'm used to getting a spicy tuna roll and it has like a centimeter wide circle of meat. I was fuckin floored to get one that was at least 3 inches wide in diameter.

#3 - Mexican muthafucker! I don't know why Colorado has the awesomest Mexican but it does (as far as I know). I don't know, back in PA we had a lot of Puerto Ricans, and their food is awesome too. I don't know, Florida has Cubans. Maybe all the Hondurans are in North Dakota or some shit.

#2 - Buffalo loin with gorgonzola crust, gorgonzola mashed potatoes, and an apple bacon salad with gorgonzola dressing. GORGONZOLA CHEESE TRIPLE THREAD MOTHERBITCH! If you don't know what gorgonzola cheese is you might want to step back and re-examine your life or maybe just kill yourself cause it can't be very good.

#1 - Juevos Rancheros. Holy shit. Apparently the chili out there is green. I didn't get it until I tried this. Flour tortilla, over easy eggs, cheddar cheese, green chili. Sounds simple but I bout busted a 3-foot erection when I took a bite. Then you break the yoke and it spurts out everywhere. Yoke is awesome. It's like a baby chicken cumming pure flavor all over your food. Actually that sounds disgusting so just pretend that metaphor was better.

So on the last day there her mom takes me out for a surprise. We drove to Denver to this place called Twist and Shout. Even though I ran a record store for 4 years I'd never really been to a proper one. Our vinyl selection sucked balls. When I walked into Twist and Shout I almost passed out. Aisles and aisles and aisles of vinyl and cd's. Fuck. I only spent an hour in there and barely scratched the surface of what they had.

I picked up:

Don Cabellero - Punkgasm

Elton John - Greatest Hits Vol. 1

Genghis Tron - Board Up The House Remix Vol.2

My Fair Lady Soundtrack Jazz Covers

Soulive - Up Here

Triumvirat - Old Loves Die Hard

[image]

One last cool thing that happened. Before we left to visit the record store I was browsing the internet just looking at what was going on in Denver and saw Front Line Assembly was playing. I knew they were industrial so I asked her mom about them cause they both love industrial. Turns out both her mom and stepdad love Front Line Assembly. So they were excited and they'll probably go see them next month. Anyway, at the record store her mom is flipping through the records and finds a Front Line Assembly Test Press! No idea how rare it is but she was quite happy cause her husband is way into Front Line and way into vinyl. Good shit.

Okay that's it. Worst poster out, fuck off pissbirds.

Guest afsdan

who doesn't know what Gorgonzola is? are you living under a rock?

how on earth have you never had a crepe? are you living under a rock?

Thanks for picking up those shitty records from Twist and Shout so I never have to look at them again.

"yolk"

who doesn't know what Gorgonzola is? are you living under a rock?

how on earth have you never had a crepe? are you living under a rock?

Thanks for picking up those shitty records from Twist and Shout so I never have to look at them again.

"yolk"

You sunuvabitch.....

Wait til I get to Denver. I'll find you and we'll fight, then we'll go eat some crepes and laugh heartily about it.

I'm curious how the total lack of usable mass transportation in the metro area didn't bug the shit out of you. I, too, came here from working in Philly and NYC about 14 years ago and just walked around with my mouth hanging open for about a month. I eventually came to love it here. Except the mountains. You can have your little quaint hippy-filled mountain towns full of shitty coffee and waste-of-time lifers.