RX Bandits

I guess after their summer tour they are done. Thats kinda sad but they really lost me after they lost their horn section.

yeah, their last record blowed.

I haven't seen them live since like '03 or '04, but I heard they don't play any old stuff anymore (not even Infection, which is similar to their later sound). I guess I was lucky to see them play those older songs live.

Long live "Teen Idol"

I have fond memories of seeing them at tiny venues in Orange County while I was super young. Their demo tape, those damn bandits...fun times, fun times. Halfway was fun too, progress was interesting...and then they got weird...it always puzzled me and put me off that every time they put out a new album they acted like it was the most amazing thing they ever did and refused to play all their songs prior because they had "matured"...it always seemed elitist and annoyed me.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

uuuhhh... rx bandits and circa on tour?? shit that's gonna be awesome! first I'm hearing of this.

also, why the hell would C-gak not be drumming?

Circa-Survive-1.jpg

On the RXB Facebook page:

Hey everyone, this is C-gak, I just wanted to tell you all that I wont be playing drums on this upcoming RxB tour. I'm expecting a new child around the same time the tour starts. I wish the guys best of luck, and sorry I will miss you all.

• 3 weeks later...

RXB Setlist @ HOB Boston

1. Ruby
2. Decrescendo
3. Stargazer
4.  ...And The Battle Begun
5. 1980
6. Only For The Night
7. G2G
8. In Her Drawer
9. To Our Unborn Daughters

Man, that is a solid setlist especially with 1980! I am crossing my fingers we get a similar set in Chicago this Sunday.

I've come around to liking Progress -- it's an album that a lot of Ska fans love (cliche' songwriting IMO). Many fans were divided when they changed their sound with less horns to eventually no horns. I'd start with Progress and work chronologically up to Gemini -- you'll definitely appreciate the maturity although Mandala, as a whole, is a wet sandwich. 

But yes it's worth listening to...don't bother going earlier than Progress unless you want to.