Movielife - This Time Next Year - 10th Ann. PO

while i think it unnecessary to have multiple labels press the same album, i cant blame MTS. i think it is pretty shitty that the original label would license out the record but then press it themselves as well. maybe if MTS would have known that REV was repressing the album they would have opted to pass (same with the Blink & Brand New albums)

while i think it unnecessary to have multiple labels press the same album, i cant blame MTS. i think it is pretty shitty that the original label would license out the record but then press it themselves as well. maybe if MTS would have known that REV was repressing the album they would have opted to pass (same with the Blink & Brand New albums)

Wouldn't they have had to know that Rev was pressing it because it is already out? It's not like Rev's release date is a day before theirs. Same with all the other release that came out months before MTS.

unless they got the license to put it out before hand. it would be like Victory selling me the license to do Spitalfield - Remember Right Now then after we sign the agreement and they get paid, them immediately pressing the record. im not saying this is the case but it would be shitty.

That would be wrong of them to do, but would you have released it yourself at that point? Yes you'd be out the licensing fees (which you may be able to fight back for them) , but you wouldn't be out the cost of pressing the record, and potentially sitting on a huge stock of records that won't sell because it was just released by someone else. Just saying if it were me and this happened, I'd either give up on pressing it or try and sue the company for my licensing fees back.

• 1 month later...

Hey dudes, the printing company "overlooked" the inserts when we placed the order for the packaging, so instead of delaying the record we just shipped them out without the inserts. You'll be getting the insert in the mail shortly!

If anyone has a damaged jacket, etc - we do have extras so please e-mail me so I can take care of you: [email protected]