McDonalds in Cleveland is hiring.......

Without watching this video I will say this. I was watching the news tonight and they first talked about HSBC laying off people, followed by a story about a printing place closing down entirely and slowly laying off it's workers and truck drivers.

Then they played the story about Mcdonalds national hiring day like it was a ray of hope or something. It was god damn depressing.

Then they played the story about Mcdonalds national hiring day like it was a ray of hope or something. It was god damn depressing.

Still, them hiring 50,000 employees is newsworthy nonetheless.

Understandable, but they were concentrating on the truck drivers having a hard time finding work with all the plants and warehouses closing. They interviewed two guys who both owned their own rigs. One guy was a little younger, late 30's maybe, talking about how it is getting harder to find stops. The other was a man in his 70's. That guy basically just said to the kids if you are young, get the hell out of dodge, because there is nothing here.

It was just kind of sad. 50k jobs is a lot, great for a lot of younger people hopefully but still, not where you want to spend your life.

it was National Hiring Day at McDonalds on 4/19. i hope you knew that when posting this. haha.

oh yeah i knew that. i heard about the mass hiring on the way to work and then came home to this video.

so what if you applied to work at mcdonalds before they announced this national hire day. do those applicants get interviewed first?