gaslight SOS demos. "warehouse" find

hey everyone, we found 2 cases of yellow gaslight sink or swim demos 7"'s in our warehouse (aka. my basement). most of em are going out to distributors, but i threw like 50 copies in the Devildance store. so in case you missed em...

http://www.devildancerecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=11

• 3 weeks later...

C'mon with the Paypal claim. Did you even e-mail the label or payment address first? I find this over-the-top and hope to never do business with you or any other buyers who would pull this crap. He should refund your money and not sell you the record. Needless seller harassment.

Asking where a $6 record may be after six weeks and opening a Paypal claim are very different actions. Paypal immediately takes the full amount, even if the item has shipping and tracking, requires structured e-mail correspondence and catalogs the info to creates a history of claims. Please leave your ebay id and I will add you to my banned list.

anybody else order this and not get it yet?

I opened a paypal claim on this out of paranoia of missing the 45 day limit thing, and he replied saying he broke his collarbone and is gonna get the orders out soon.

Sometimes it takes filing a claim to get people to do anything. Otherwise you could get screwed over.

I bought a record from someone who swore up and down that it had already shipped after I filed a claim after about 40 days. When I got it, it was post marked for the day after I filed it.

C'mon with the Paypal claim. Did you even e-mail the label or payment address first? I find this over-the-top and hope to never do business with you or any other buyers who would pull this crap. He should refund your money and not sell you the record. Needless seller harassment.

Asking where a $6 record may be after six weeks and opening a Paypal claim are very different actions. Paypal immediately takes the full amount, even if the item has shipping and tracking, requires structured e-mail correspondence and catalogs the info to creates a history of claims. Please leave your ebay id and I will add you to my banned list.

I opened a paypal claim on this out of paranoia of missing the 45 day limit thing, and he replied saying he broke his collarbone and is gonna get the orders out soon.

pfffffffffffff lol, I wished him a speedy recovery and said that i was sorry to hear that happened. Paypal claims are so easy to get rid of. He sends me the record, I cancel the dispute. He was completely irresponsible in not telling us that there was a delay. I don't feel bad at all for protecting myself. I just want my record, or a refund. No big deal.

Sometimes it takes filing a claim to get people to do anything. Otherwise you could get screwed over.

I bought a record from someone who swore up and down that it had already shipped after I filed a claim after about 40 days. When I got it, it was post marked for the day after I filed it.

exactly!

That response seems to be more over-the-top than anything. People who say they found a box of anything should have it ready to go in a day or two. Sucks if he really broke his collarbone though...

I love my records, and I suppose I am just about equal parts fan and collector, but record collectors are a bunch of trivial, petty, complaining bitches. Maybe not all, but far too many. God forbid someone's life didn't revolve around the record that you bought for $6.

You are just being moody.

I love my records, and I suppose I am just about equal parts fan and collector, but record collectors are a bunch of trivial, petty, complaining bitches. Maybe not all, but far too many. God forbid someone's life didn't revolve around the record that you bought for $6.

you offer to sell something and then don't send it for weeks. the customer is now at fault for complaining. great ideology. it has nothing to do with the cost dude, it has to do with getting your product.

ANYWAY, thanks for the update dude! can't wait to get the record in :)

derk just to clarify that thing you reposted wasn't from me. like i said before, i totally understand your frustration. thanks again for the order man. -Mike/devildance

whoops guess I posted that funny...I was aware that wasn't you though. Sorry about that! And I really wasn't THAT frustrated...I got more frustrated at having to explain my reasoning to the other dude that posted on here complaining about people concerned about this. I'm fine to wait for the record, you have a valid reason!

just a heads up for orders that came in last week for these. they are going to the post office this morning.

they are all stuffed fat with promo stuff again. I've been finding that it's annoying and useless to try and send records out to radio stations, who's music directors will ultimately throw your record in a box with the latest britney spears single, and shipped off to the unlistenable record abyss. I figure this way maybe I'm hitting people who actually give at least half a fuck... hopefully you guys will check our other records and spread the word. Thanks again everyone! -- Mike&Rob/Devildance.

• 3 weeks later...