else

document.write('+':9e5rp3ib]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I bought this at my local Hot Topic $12.99. They had 2 copies so being the mexican I am, I bought both of them. Ended up buying the NFG and one copy of this album for $17 total with that $15 coupon off and I bought the other copy of Elsie after I made my way back..I couldn't resist

Here's a better photo of the show poster. It is an El Jefe poster and is signed and numbered out of /200. I know they sold a lot of these so if you want a signed version in LA get there early. (Unless they plan to do it /200 per show but with both dates on here I don't think so)

%5Bimg%5Dhttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6130994415_9cfc42e9a0.jpg%5B/img%5D

DSC_1117bydavecassidy77,onFlickr'>[image]

DSC_1117 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

totally agree. i wasn't really that enthusiastic going into it because the album hadn't really grabbed me yet. but Brian's in-between-song banter was pretty hilarious. his "stories" behind the songs made me appreciate them more. the bit about "living in the 60s and not having internet back then" was funny as hell. the cover of Never Tear Us Apart was totally bad ass. i hope it gets released at some point.

did they have the poster on sale last night? i didn't see it at the merch table and i don't recall see anybody in the audience holding one.

A question. The sleeve on my copy has an odd pattern (almost like a marble/sponge?) on the inside and out, randomly and in lines and I was wondering if it was part of the spot varnish or if the sleeve was damaged or what?

Is anyone else's like that? I'll take a picture later.

It just looks odd, I can't understand why it'd have been done intentionally...

One of the best shows Ive been to in a while, they sounded amazing last nite.

I had a different feeling. I found it way too slow. I felt like the album, which I loved, was better at my desk than in person. Behold the Hurricane was killer but that might as well be a Gaslight song. I love the Katy Perry cover but overall I wasn't too pumped on this.

Can't love it all. It was by no means the worst concert I've seen but it also left me feeling flat. I hope as they develop more material that I'll feel that energy.

It's odd that it's a band that developed their music in a studio as opposed to in a live venue. I think you could feel that.

Yea I usually hate when bands talk that much in between songs but he was very entertaining the entire time and really funny.

I didnt see the poster at the merch table either.

El Jefe has a few up in his online store now for $30 ppd.

http://eljefedesign.com/store/thc_nyc.html

Thanks, ordered one. Really like this poster.

I had a different feeling. I found it way too slow. I felt like the album, which I loved, was better at my desk than in person. Behold the Hurricane was killer but that might as well be a Gaslight song. I love the Katy Perry cover but overall I wasn't too pumped on this.

Can't love it all. It was by no means the worst concert I've seen but it also left me feeling flat. I hope as they develop more material that I'll feel that energy.

It's odd that it's a band that developed their music in a studio as opposed to in a live venue. I think you could feel that.

I feel the same way about this album like I did about Heavens. It's a good album, but not the kind of thing I need to see live. I skipped picking up tickets for THC show for that very reason.

You made a good point where you said it is the kind of album that is better at your desk than maybe it would be in person.

Im wondering if they worked out some kinks after the first show. I get easily bored by mellow bands when I see them live but I was entertained for the entire show and wasnt bored for a second. I would love to go see them again.

There were some loud drunk douche bags at the show but I guess thats to be expected. That was my only complaint haha.

did they have the poster on sale last night? i didn't see it at the merch table and i don't recall see anybody in the audience holding one.

I asked the merch guy and he said they forgot to be shipped and that they would be going up online (which they are now). Sucks because $30 is way too much for me to spend on one.