Support for Sum 41 Pressing

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pop, that is absolutely NOT 3 different eras. Do you know what an era is?

No they're not, you know they're not now that you checked those 3 videos, but you can't agree because your e-pride will be shot, and that's most dear to you by the looks of it.

And it is a distinct period of the bands history, each era has a certain characteristic about the music. One song is from their earliest album, where they were a mixture of pop punk/metal and hip hop, they then changed to a complete pop punk band, then back to a darker sound. Another song is from this middle era of their career, more metal focussed band at that point. They then went back to their pop punk routes for an album, then to a more dark album recently.

Very distinct eras of the bands history.

Stop being a dumb ass, you are embarrassing yourself.

FFS. Those are pretty POPular websites. I can't argue against that. But you said they are 50% metal. So are you wrong in that terminology? We could debate semantics on this all night, bit the fact remains they suck and are nothing like pop punk that came before or after them.

I like your vigor in defending your pop genre though, so good on ya. What you think nowadays is shitty pop punk a fuckload will say, na it's good pop punk. I don't like what is termed pop punk now. And I don't like what you think is pop punk. It is all in the eye Of the beholder. What I do know is any band I listen to, their members would literally laugh at what has become of the term

I couldn't care less about this band and would be perfectly happy if I never saw anything about Sum 41 again, but I don't get how you can say it's pop? We must have different understandings of the word. Unless you're just trolling this guy, in which case well done because you got me too.

For real though, this band is about as legitimate as Good Charlotte. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see a "has Good Charlotte been pressed?" thread.

Herro, 69 are you still alive or did you burst a blood vessel?

You say you're right, so riddle me this. Those 3 sites you copy/pasted from. All made mention of the word pop. Yet by you're own words this shitty band us 50% metal. If you're right, why didn't any of them make even a slight mention of metal?

Does this make you wrong? Or does it still make me a dumbass?

Herro, 69 are you still alive or did you burst a blood vessel?

You say you're right, so riddle me this. Those 3 sites you copy/pasted from. All made mention of the word pop. Yet by you're own words this shitty band us 50% metal. If you're right, why didn't any of them make even a slight mention of metal?

Does this make you wrong? Or does it still make me a dumbass?

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Hey 69? Are you gonna take that? Unload

Well, I'd like Screaming Bloody Murder on vinyl....*braces self*

i dont think people here have a problem with someone liking something they dont like, but when you argue something about some commercial rock band being legends it gets a little bit much and shows a lack of knowledge about punk music ethos in general.

so no need to brace.

i dont think people here have a problem with someone liking something they dont like, but when you argue something about some commercial rock band being legends it gets a little bit much and shows a lack of knowledge about punk music ethos in general.

so no need to brace.

Haha yeah as much as i love sum 41, nothing close to legends let alone pop punk legends.

When I was 8, I fucking LOVED Sum 41. All Killer No Filler was my jam. I actually think it was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I associate a lot of nostalgia with them, and for mainly that reason, I still really love that record. That being said, they are a bunch of little pukes from fuckin Ajax, ON (population 0) and they are a pop band. When I was 8 I thought this was punk. By the time I was 10, I knew better. They are on the same scale as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and yes, even Blink 182. None of those bands are legendary. They just play kiddie music, but there is nothing wrong with that. I find it laughable at all the Blink fanboys on this website that think they are so much better/heavier/different that Sum 41.

I find it laughable at all the Blink fanboys on this website that think they are so much better/heavier/different that Sum 41.

This is the part that confuses the hell outta me. I'm not into either mind you.

I love this topic anyway because it's one of those things where I'm just left thinking "really?". Some of the bands people are into on here I personally find pretty funny but I'm not really gonna rag on anyone for it except to laugh to myself (311 topics own). I know some of my stuff is probably embarrassing as fuck however.

When I was 8, I fucking LOVED Sum 41. All Killer No Filler was my jam. I actually think it was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I associate a lot of nostalgia with them, and for mainly that reason, I still really love that record. That being said, they are a bunch of little pukes from fuckin Ajax, ON (population 0) and they are a pop band. When I was 8 I thought this was punk. By the time I was 10, I knew better. They are on the same scale as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and yes, even Blink 182. None of those bands are legendary. They just play kiddie music, but there is nothing wrong with that. I find it laughable at all the Blink fanboys on this website that think they are so much better/heavier/different that Sum 41.

hear, hear!