PO: Strung Out-Top Contenders 2xLP

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my copy from KR yesterday. A/B is like a No Idea type dark gray mix and the C/D is kind of a dark brown mix. The shirt came out pretty good as well.

I like the remixes a lot, especially on the really old songs from Another Day in Paradise....you can really hear the difference on those.

Got my shipping confirmation a few days ago. Agreed on the remastering. It sounds like one cohesive re-recorded record, so it flows and has an entirely different feeling. I do like the original version of the STWB tracks though, and can't wait for them to repress that on color!

Got my copy from KR yesterday. A/B is like a No Idea type dark gray mix and the C/D is kind of a dark brown mix. The shirt came out pretty good as well.

I like the remixes a lot, especially on the really old songs from Another Day in Paradise....you can really hear the difference on those.

Yeah the remixing on the old sounds makes them shine, although going back and listening to the original version of Monster and ADIP tracks i appreciate the character and rawness when albums sounded different

I'm finally getting around to spinning this and I am really enjoying the new mix. It gives a little bit of a "new" feel to songs I've heard many times before and validates the greatest hits album as a unique piece of their catalog. Someone hit my parked car and scratched it to shit (this is the SIXTH TIME between when I lived in WA and here in MA that this has happened) and these Strung Out tunes and keeping me out of a homicidal rage. If you haven't picked it up, I recommend you do so. I'd also recommend everyone leaves my fucking car alone.