NYHC Documentary

nyhc in general is shitty. judge sucks, madball sucks, youth of today sucks etc.

the only nyhc band i like is the 'mags.

and american hardcore is just a bunch of 40 year old dudes complaining about how hardcore died a long time ago even though most of the best hardcore bands were from 1995-now

nyhc in general is shitty. judge sucks, madball sucks, youth of today sucks etc.

and american hardcore is just a bunch of 40 year old dudes complaining about how hardcore died a long time ago even though most of the best hardcore bands were from 1995-now

I don't know...Minor Threat are pretty fucking sweet.

i'm not saying that every old hardcore band was bad. i love a lot of em, but i just think bands that i would say are the "best" hardcore bands are more recent bands. just because you're a pioneer of something doesn't make you the best at it.

man, there's nothing worse than 40 year old dudes complaining. Very few "hardcore" dudes grew up to be anything respectable.

It's either they became A&R guys or otherwise completely sold out, grew up whining about how great shit used to be, or never grew up at all. Not a lot of dudes in punk rock age with grace, I've noticed.

Guest genericinsight

I like a lot of the old hardcore bands and dug American Hardcore, but yeah. It irks me when the older dudes talk as if hardcore doesn't exist anymore. They see what's mainstream now and don't realize that there's still very much an "underground scene". It's somewhat bothersome. Then again, if they were still in bands that were actively touring they would likely realize otherwise.

i'm not saying that every old hardcore band was bad. i love a lot of em, but i just think bands that i would say are the "best" hardcore bands are more recent bands. just because you're a pioneer of something doesn't make you the best at it.

it does if your band was called black flag or bad brains. you cant compare any of the bands of that era to now. as much as i love the more modern hardcore sound none of those bands, shows, or just overall aura compare to the bands of yesteryear.

I think people's opinion of the best era for hardcore has alot to do with what you were listening to from your teens to mid twenties. I think most people who listen to hardcore would say that time in their life was the best time for hardcore. That is usually the age when people are introduced to the music and most active in the scene.

As I get older and don't go to as many shows there are fewer and fewer new hardcore bands that interest me.

Guest genericinsight
I think people's opinion of the best era for hardcore has alot to do with what you were listening to from your teens to mid twenties. I think most people who listen to hardcore would say that time in their life was the best time for hardcore. That is usually the age when people are introduced to the music and most active in the scene.

This is more or less true. Even a lot of the really recent bands that have just been coming out, a lot of them I'm more or less pretty eh on. The currently active hardcore I still listen to are generally the bands I got into from the 90's-early 2000's, which was when I started getting more into the music. There's always exceptions of course.

As I get older and don't go to as many shows there are fewer and fewer new hardcore bands that interest me.

my two favorite hardcore bands (suicide file and american nightmare) were in their primes when i was 11-13.

Some good points. I was introduced to hardcore back in the late 80's/early 90's...and I am still into a lot of bands from that time. To me, there was more uniqueness in the music and styles. Nowadays, I have been finding less and less to get me interested in any of the newer bands. It seems as though they all sound the same and this is boring to me.

I do recognize that there are some great new bands out there...but as I get older and start losing a lot of my teen angst...I look for other music that is exciting and new...and this means going outside the hardcore genre and exploring other music styles...