Should I cancel my cable?

It kind of depends on your dedication to sports. I'm the kind of guy that can miss a game or two, even with my favorite teams. I catch the games I HAVE to see at a bar, restaurant, or a friend's house. I'd wager that even the most dedicated fan could figure out how to catch every game they want in the same fashion. It's way more fun to watch sports with other people around, anyway. I haven't used any kind of premium TV service since I moved out of my parents' house in 2002.

I am surprised, however, that Netflix/Hulu haven't figured out the whole sports racket yet. I wouldn't be surprised if either added a sports service soon. It's also strange that cable/satellite companies don't offer an affordable "sports only" package.

If you can get all the sports you need from local channels and can live without ESPN, then maybe an antenna is what you need.

We cut cable and use Netflix/Hulu on the Xbox and have a roof antenna (that came with the house) for sports and the occasional Wheel Of Fortune/Jeopardy watching during dinner.

Don't miss cable at all. If there are shows that you really want to watch and have no other methods available, the DVD seasons are cheaper than a month of cable by far.

Cancelled my cable recently. Bought two Apple TV2s and hooked them up in the bedroom and living room. Jailbroke them and installed the PLEX app which allows me to set up a media server on the iMac in my office. I can then access any TV shows, Movies, Music, anything on my Apple TV2 in either room wirelessly. Apple TV2 supports MLB and NBA (you have to subscribe), but if you're already a Netflix member, ATV2 has that already, a long with a lot of other cool stuff.

I'll just go to a friends/bar/parents for sports I gotta watch. It's not worth the almost $90 a month I was paying before.

Cancelled my cable recently. Bought two Apple TV2s and hooked them up in the bedroom and living room. Jailbroke them and installed the PLEX app which allows me to set up a media server on the iMac in my office. I can then access any TV shows, Movies, Music, anything on my Apple TV2 in either room wirelessly. Apple TV2 supports MLB and NBA (you have to subscribe), but if you're already a Netflix member, ATV2 has that already, a long with a lot of other cool stuff.

I'll just go to a friends/bar/parents for sports I gotta watch. It's not worth the almost $90 a month I was paying before.

I'm trying to get a hold of a 1st generation Apple TV and a Crystal HD card to do this same thing. I'd go with the the ATV2, but I need usb for my externals.

What if you just subscribe to whatever sport you want to stream. Like NHL gamecenter, MLB tv, NFL gamecenter and such. They're all like 70 or 80 bucks for the whole season which is worth it. Plus you can watch any game.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I stream all my sports free. Might not be in HD every time but it's free.

What if you just subscribe to whatever sport you want to stream. Like NHL gamecenter, MLB tv, NFL gamecenter and such. They're all like 70 or 80 bucks for the whole season which is worth it. Plus you can watch any game.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I stream all my sports free. Might not be in HD every time but it's free.

How? I am interested. I miss hockey :(

The only free site I found lagged like crazy. Where do you do this?