vinylfury.com

Hello,

I'm Dan and I'd like to share with my fellow collectors here on this great board a new project I've started.

For the last couple of years I’ve been sharing photos of and videos related to vinyl records on my personal blog (danfury.tumblr.com). However, for a while I’ve been considering starting up a separate, dedicated, vinyl-centric blog. Recently, the name Vinyl Fury came to me, and I immediately registered it with Tumblr, Twitter, Flickr and Youtube.

My intention with Vinyl Fury is to share photos & videos (my own and others), reviews, articles, links and other bits related to vinyl records and the culture surrounding them. I intend to profile other vinyl collectors, and maybe some record stores as well. As soon as I come with a format for the profiles, I'll share it with you all so that you can participate if you'd like.

The first couple of posts are up now, and there are more to come soon. I'll be heading to Seattle for a couple of days this weekend and will be sharing my searching adventures there.

So, please, check out www.vinylfury.com which is a Tumblr blog you can follow, and follow http://twitter.com/vinylfury

Thanks!

[image]

Added to my RSS reader. Very nice blog, if you ever need another contributor i would love to help out.

wow, thanks! i hadn't even thought of that. As far as direct presentation, I'd like to get everything off the ground and slowly build myself, but that would definitely be neat down the line!

however, if you or anyone else do anything of this sort and want to share, feel free to use any of the lines of contact and I can work it in somehow!

wow, thanks! i hadn't even thought of that. As far as direct presentation, I'd like to get everything off the ground and slowly build myself, but that would definitely be neat down the line!

however, if you or anyone else do anything of this sort and want to share, feel free to use any of the lines of contact and I can work it in somehow!

For sure man, i feel yah. I actually made a tumblr vinyl blog a while back that ive never started using. I should start posting to it, i followed you on it.

http://ilovevinyl.tumblr.com/

what is on your spindle/record in this pic?

[image]

Is it just a weight?

glad you asked! it is indeed the ClearAudio Clever Clamp. It is a very useful item. It works on any table as it's not a 'weight' but a clamp that slips tightly around the spindle to keep the record snug against the platter. with records that are 'dished' it is especially useful, but i use it with every record and i love it.

i'll definitely do some feature posts on useful accessories such as this one.

here is a promotional video showcasing its use and benefits: http://youtu.be/7RZ1_NtWvJE

wow, thank you all so much! i really appreciate the support. i was really hoping it would go over well with you all. i'll do my best to keep you interested.

not all posts will be 'reviews' but i plan on doing it with at least most of the new releases i acquire, as well as special ones from my collection.

i hadn't purchased any new stuff since the Deftones releases, but i just picked up the Failure - Comfort pressing today, so i'll have something up for that sometime soon.

also, be sure to follow @vinylfury on Twitter if you use it. it won't just be a feed for the blog, there will be different stuff posted there as well.

I'll folllow you on Twitter too (I'm Lukinzine over there), and I'll spread the word about your page on my Lukiznie Facebook page witg´h quite a few followers: http://www.facebook.com/Lukinzine

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to reading some more :)

excellent! thank you very much for passing it along

I am 100% behind this. I was actually toying with the idea of starting something similar to what you're doing but time is just a big factor for me. I'm more than happy to help contribute to your site though.

thanks! i encourage everyone to share their love of vinyl and their favorite releases with the public. if someone sees one of their favorite albums, such as Adrenaline and Around the Fur on vinyl and how cool it is, there just may be new converts.

i'll definitely be spending a lot of time on the content i produce for the site, thankfully it's summer and i won't have school in the way for a few months.

dude. this site is such and upgrade from others like this. i always refer to Stitches and Grooves (http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/) for anything in the TBS, THursday, MCR, JEW genre, but this one is sick, too.

EDIT: S&G just got a makeover! check it out. it may be giving you a run for your money in some categories. def not photography, tho. you smoke him.

dude. this site is such and upgrade from others like this. i always refer to Stitches and Grooves (http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/) for anything in the TBS, THursday, MCR, JEW genre, but this one is sick, too.

EDIT: S&G just got a makeover! check it out. it may be giving you a run for your money in some categories. def not photography, tho. you smoke him.

thanks, i try hard with the photos. that site does look pretty cool. i'm not trying to be better than anything else, just doing it the way i want and hoping people enjoy it.