So my house just got burgled - Round 3

Yeah, third time since January. Of the 6 of us that live there, 5 are all home over Easter, the 6th guy went out for a few hours, came back, front door kicked in.

You know the guy who didn't fix the door the second time we got burgled? Well they took all his shit this time, even though the door had been fixed and his door was locked for once.

We're talking a computer, monitor, firewire sound card, 8 track mixing desk, projector, marshall amp and 5, maybe 6 guitars. The electrical shit on its own is worth close to £4000 ($8000 USD at least).

I dunno what to say, except that once I move back there in 2 weeks time I'm gonna be living in fear every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month until the day I move out in mid-June.

UPDATE:

Whoever it was left through the back door and took the key to the back door with them. Just gets better huh?

I'm calling the letting agency and telling them that nobody is paying rent until they either fix those doors with something better than the shitty wooden ones we have right now or accomodate us elsewhere for the rest of our tenancy. I refuse to even move back into that house until something drastic is done.

And how did they get all that stuff out of there?

I've no idea, they must of had some form of wheels to get the amount of stuff they took away from the place. The house next door to us is just a drop-in centre for juevenile offenders i think, or something like that. They always have a care worker dropping into their house. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were linked to all of this. There MUST be somebody watching my house. It was inevitable they would come back though because last time they saw all my housemates stuff but didn't take it. I'm guessing they probably flipped the xbox for enough money to rent a fucking van big enough to fit everything else in or something, I dunno.

dude its someone you know, someone whos been in the house. no one else is going to take the risk of making that many trips in and out to grab all that shit...unless they knew you guys weren't coming back any time soon... they knew what to grab and when to hit.

its either your neighbors or one of your/your roommates friends.

[image]

increase your home's security....

Haha, I like that show.

If I were you I'd confront your landlord about security, or threaten to take him to court to get out of the contract since you feel "unsafe". Criminals are weird. My friends lived in a house on Campus, which is not the best area of town, and they left their doors open 24/7 people we did not know would come and go including crackheads, bum,s etc (they loved us) but their house was never broken into. However the guy who lived on the 2rd floor always locked up all his doors and everything, but he somehow got broken into twice when they lived there.

3 times in 3 months is pretty scary.

I'm calling the letting agency and telling them that nobody is paying rent until they either fix those doors with something better than the shitty wooden ones we have right now or accomodate us elsewhere for the rest of our tenancy. I refuse to even move back into that house until something drastic is done.

Sucks about the robberies, but you're going to want to check your laws and statutes before you just stop paying rent. You may need to escrow it, file a formal complaint somewhere, or keep paying.

I'm just saying this for practicality's sake, so you don't turn around and get sued for unpaid rent.

Security issues like this ARE generally a landlord's responsibility, to an extent; handle this right and they may have no choice but to make the place more secure before they can continue renting it.

Does your dog have guns attached to it. That would be the ultimate home security.

the thought of that made me laugh.

I have never been a big fan of guns but lately i have been thinking about it. The best weapon in my house right now is a baseball bat thats leaning against my bed. Im not feeling to safe if thats my last line of defense. And my dog is the biggest pussy ever, even though she is a pitbull she is scared of everything, She can look tough but isnt.