Algernon Cadwallader - Parrot Flies LP

I tried to contact BSM through their Big Cartel "contact" button about two weeks ago to cancel my order. Got no response. Then I emailed one of the guys directly earlier this week. He said my order shipped a week or two ago so I can't cancel it. Definitely not giving them another chance in the future.

so i got this in the mail today. I will admit i shouldve done my research before buying this had I known there was a US press coming i wouldn't of bought it.

unless you are collecting all the algernon stuff just wait it out. nothing special and the cardboard they shipped it to me in was as thin as a regular record jacket. I swear I think it was best said by someone on here that there must be some kind of cardboard shortage in the UK.

[image]

Mine has a small crease/bend that shows up on the back. Can't really see it on the front. There are smaller wrinkles like that on two of the other corners on the back and two on the front along the top. I would take a picture, but I don't think they'd show up because you kind of have to hit it with the right light to see them. And my webcam doesn't take high quality pictures.

Got mine today totally fucked up, jacket bent like a dog ear and record warped. The flimsy cardboard they sent the record in was split open two different sides (split all the way down the side). Plays fine, so I'd rather avoid the hassle of trying to get another one. It probably would have been worse, but I ordered a shirt with it, so the LP was wrapped in the shirt and protected it (to some extent).

• 1 month later...

$12 US/$15 CAN/$22 WORLD

"We'll be pressing a limited run of 100 on light green vinyl which we've decided would only be fair to distribute through a lottery system. The Parrot Flies LP is hereby available for pre-order and colored vinyl recipients will be randomly selected from these pre-orders only. Place you orders before the end of the month to be eligible for this drawing."

Guest thedayfelloncedars

big scary monster is a joke. fuck that label and fuck algernon for using them before making it available in the states. nice fan support. also, big scary monster owes me over $50.00 for this record. stupid fucks! be happy records and algernon now owes me as well. pay up algernon or send me my fucking record.