Show Off Your Turntable Set-Up

Interested to see what everyone is working with Turntable-wise. Also associated Preamps, Amps, Speakers Etc.

My Set-Up:

Turntable - Pro-Ject Debut III

Preamp - Pre-Ject Phono Box II

Receiver/Preamp - Adcom GTP-400

Amp - Adcom GFA 535L

Misc. Project Speed Box

Speakers - Klipsch RB51 Bookshelves

[image]

[image]

TT: Pro-ject Debut III

Pre: Audio Technica PEQ-3

Rec: Sherwood RX4503

BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speakers x 2

One paper mache hippo named Oscar

very open to suggestions for next upgrade. Buying a Polk sub next week.

excuse my ignorance, but does the Audio Technica PEQ-3 do much to enhance the sound, are you happy with it?

[image]

Michell Gyrodec & Rega Planar 2 Turntables

NAD C521CEE CD Player

Marantz PM7200 Integrated Amp

Project Phono Box MkII (to connect 2nd deck)

Mission Floorstanding Speakers

+ an old Pioneer Tape deck and Philips CD Recorder

amazing setup! correct me if im wrong, but are those frames above your set up the play and display frames? artvinyl.com.au/play-and-display.html

If so, i just scored some as a birthday gift and i just couldn't be happier with them!! do you swap out the records often?

excuse my ignorance, but does the Audio Technica PEQ-3 do much to enhance the sound, are you happy with it?

I cant answer if it enhances the sound because this setup is my baseline. This is my first dip into this beyond a POS Crosley that tided me over while I saved up for this. In many ways it was a purchase of necessity and not choice. I guess Im happy with it, but its hard to honestly know since Ive never had anything else.

Fwiw when I ordered it, the one that was shipped to me was busted and the guys at Needledoctor insisted I was using it wrong. Finally got a replacement and it works fine.

Safe to assume my first upgrade should be the Pre-Amp then?

This is my play room[image]

[image]

and a close up of the amp, equal, TT

[image]

None of it is really any good

pro-torque TT

pioneer vsx-d714 receiver

pioneer sg-540 equalizer

Torpedo ms-210 speakers

The speakers and TT were built by a local hifi store about 10 years ago and given stupid names that nobody has heard of. They are alright, but not great, i'd like to upgrade the cartridge on the TT next

loving that EQ man - looks real fun - do you play around with it much? or just have it set to a standard curve and leave it?

cheers, typically i have it set a little low on the bass, because i also have a sub off to the side of the room that isn't pictured. And it does fine without any boosting, but if i put say a jazz record on i'll load the mid and top, if i have a more rocky record i'll flatten the top off and bumo up the bass. So i do play with it, just not too often, i tend to be a moody jerk and listen to the same styles for a week or so at a time

loving that EQ man - looks real fun - do you play around with it much? or just have it set to a standard curve and leave it?

cheers, typically i have it set a little low on the bass, because i also have a sub off to the side of the room that isn't pictured. And it does fine without any boosting, but if i put say a jazz record on i'll load the mid and top, if i have a more rocky record i'll flatten the top off and bumo up the bass. So i do play with it, just not too often, i tend to be a moody jerk and listen to the same styles for a week or so at a time

how much was it?!

Nothing major here. Wife bought me the player as a wedding gift, and my father in law gave me his old receiver. Sounds great, though.

Table: dual cs 5000

Receiver: pioneer sx-780

Speakers: pioneer cs-r-590 and some kenwood bookshelf Speakers from my old system to help with the high tones.

Similar set up!!

Sony PS-LX250 Turntable

Sony STR-DH800 Integrated Amp

Sony HT-SS370 5.1

Sony PlayStation 3

Kilpsch VF-35

Expedit 2x8

where did you get that stand your tv is on?

It was an old tv stand that used to hold a tube tv that I re-purposed to use for the tv. Don't remember where I got it from. Thought about wall mounting the TV. Don't think I will.